Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amateur Hour

Re: Amateur Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    That's the rub is it not?

I can take losing, injuries, drafting late and cap mistakes/bad luck can get your there.

Its the lack of effort, stupid plays and general lackadaisical attitude of the team that irks me to no end and as die hard Ravens fan I cannot take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    They have packed it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    No leadership on this team. It's hard to watch these guys half assing out there. No excuses for it none whatsoever. Harbs is losing this team

:bag:

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    :bag:
    :word

The record won't get Harbaugh fired. I do believe that a complete lack of effort and more play like we saw today will though.

Steve B is a smart business man, he realizes that once a leader (coach) completely loses a team, there is no coming back.

If Harbaugh wants to stick around, he is gonna have to show he still has some control how these guys perform in terms of effort and playing smarter.

If he can't show that, SB might make a move, we were kinda surprised when they moved from Billick, that was about losing the team, not the record. JH is in danger of doing the same if he does not get a good grip on this quick
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

That's the rub is it not?

I can take losing, injuries, drafting late and cap mistakes/bad luck can get your there.

Its the lack of effort, stupid plays and general lackadaisical attitude of the team that irks me to no end and as die hard Ravens fan I cannot take.
    I think every fan feels the same way. 2002 is still one of my favorite seasons. It was a bunch of nobodies after the cap purge who then became the core of the 2006 team. That team went 7-9 but they played so damn hard and you could see that there was definitely something there even if the QB position was a mess.

I'll take a year like that any time but this is not that at all. This is bunch of guys cashing their checks and going through the motions. Very little thought or effort. Steve Smith, Yanda, Tucker, Koch, Forsett and Ross show good effort but thats all I can even think of. Mosley getting thrown by a fullback, Jimmy getting beat deep Boldin, Upshaw getting close but having no shot at Kaepernick, Monroe and KO JOGGING!!!!! at the end of the game.....it's just sickening. You never would have seen that from the 2002 team

:word

The record won't get Harbaugh fired. I do believe that a complete lack of effort and more play like we saw today will though.

Steve B is a smart business man, he realizes that once a leader (coach) completely loses a team, there is no coming back.

If Harbaugh wants to stick around, he is gonna have to show he still has some control how these guys perform in terms of effort and playing smarter.

If he can't show that, SB might make a move, we were kinda surprised when they moved from Billick, that was about losing the team, not the record. JH is in danger of doing the same if he does not get a good grip on this quick
    These are my thoughts. I am sure Harbs is different behind the scenes than the vanilla platitudes we see publicly, but if the results don't follow, then it doesn't matter how different he is. And while I don't think he micro-manages, I have no doubt that at some point Bisciotti will ask the hard questions we don't see in public press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    These are my thoughts. I am sure Harbs is different behind the scenes than the vanilla platitudes we see publicly, but if the results don't follow, then it doesn't matter how different he is. And while I don't think he micro-manages, I have no doubt that at some point Bisciotti will ask the hard questions we don't see in public press conferences.
    I think people do not get how a guy like Stevie B thinks.

He is not going to pick up the phone and tell you that the guys who work under you (Yes, you Dean Pees) suck and need to go. He is going to assume that your going to do YOUR job and realize that on your own and handle it. If you can't or won't do it and fix the issues, he knows he needs another leader. Simple as that.

If he has to pick up the phone and call, it wont be to tell you to fire Pees, it will be fire you.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I could see if these guys were leaving it all out on the field of play and they just were not good enough then we coukd say well they are trying, they are playing hard, they are just nit talented enough. Just the sheer lack of effort is egregious! They just don't gove a damn, even Flacco towards the end just didn't give a damn. Thats straight shot to the coaches, it's straight being defiant period in a passive aggressive way! That wa sickening to watch period I don't care who you are that was just down right embarrassing to watch.

I don't think that drive was a result of not trying or effort.

It was just stupid and being unprepared. I just wonder how you could have such a brain fart there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I could see if these guys were leaving it all out on the field of play and they just were not good enough then we coukd say well they are trying, they are playing hard, they are just nit talented enough. Just the sheer lack of effort is egregious! They just don't gove a damn, even Flacco towards the end just didn't give a damn. Thats straight shot to the coaches, it's straight being defiant period in a passive aggressive way! That wa sickening to watch period I don't care who you are that was just down right embarrassing to watch.
    i bet you after watching the last series and guys just not giving a fuck anymore, biscuit will have questions for harbs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i bet you after watching the last series and guys just not giving a fuck anymore, biscuit will have questions for harbs
    Harbs look like he is losing the team

I think people do not get how a guy like Stevie B thinks.

He is not going to pick up the phone and tell you that the guys who work under you (Yes, you Dean Pees) suck and need to go. He is going to assume that your going to do YOUR job and realize that on your own and handle it. If you can't or won't do it and fix the issues, he knows he needs another leader. Simple as that.

If he has to pick up the phone and call, it wont be to tell you to fire Pees, it will be fire you.
    Is that what happened with Cam Cameron? Most are under the understanding that Harbaugh refused to make a change and Steve B had to get involved.

Blog Entries

That second Int was a true 'WTF?' Int. And Joe should know they need to spike the ball. He's taking a knife to a gun fight, but something was up with him in those two instances.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I'm watching Brady at the end of the half trying to furiously get his team into position to spike the ball and NE had a time out. Say what you want about him but he gives a damn.

As for Joe's comments, I honestly never liked Joe's comments about Ray's speeches. It was almost like he was mocking the value of leadership while he thought he was simply laughing off Ray's comments.

Whether he likes it or not Joe is the leader of this team and much like when Cal was here those teams took on his persona.

What I saw on that final drive was Cutler like in terms of not really having any kind of urgency or giving a damn.

It's a shame that we all see the same thing.