Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 17 of 17
  1. #13
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast Florida
    Posts
    389

    Re: "Dream" offense that won't happen (but good for discussion)



    It really is weird how a professional team can be so good on defense, yet stink so much on offense. When you think about it, it doesn't makes sense that there is so little "bonded talent" on the O. It ain't just the players for sure....




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    23,403

    Re: "Dream" offense that won't happen (but good for discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    It really is weird how a professional team can be so good on defense, yet stink so much on offense. When you think about it, it doesn't makes sense that there is so little "bonded talent" on the O. It ain't just the players for sure....
    I would argue that we do have the talent -- they just are not being used the way they should be used.

    Decent line, a better than average RB, pro-bowl TE and a surprisingly league leader WR in Mason. Only question mark is QB.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  3. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,000
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: "Dream" offense that won't happen (but good for discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I would argue that we do have the talent -- they just are not being used the way they should be used.

    Decent line, a better than average RB, pro-bowl TE and a surprisingly league leader WR in Mason. Only question mark is QB.
    The ? is the QB! I'm not starting QB controversy here, but neither one of our starters will get it done until Billick lets the playmakers play! If I could somehow give McNair Boller's body, I would have no complaints! We under utilize McGahee and place too much on the shoulders of McNair/Boller.
    I wouldn't mind the dink-and-dunk offense, but not keeping the opposing "D" spread out in the Red Zone hurts us. keep 'em spread and hand it off to McGahee or play action to Heap!!! Give it to the playmakers!!!!!!




  4. #16

    Re: "Dream" offense that won't happen (but good for discussion)

    Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    The ? is the QB! I'm not starting QB controversy here, but neither one of our starters will get it done until Billick lets the playmakers play! If I could somehow give McNair Boller's body, I would have no complaints! We under utilize McGahee and place too much on the shoulders of McNair/Boller.
    I wouldn't mind the dink-and-dunk offense, but not keeping the opposing "D" spread out in the Red Zone hurts us. keep 'em spread and hand it off to McGahee or play action to Heap!!! Give it to the playmakers!!!!!!
    The QB is a question...but it's still not the biggest one.

    The biggest question is why the staff can't seem to put a gameplan together that works. No one really cares what it is, so long as it works.

    Sure the team could run more, they should also be trying to spread teams out. Pittsburgh and NE have problems with their linebackers get forced to play in a lot of space. I'm sure Billick knows this, but can he plan the game right and get the offense in good shape to execute? The fact that question is seriously asked and debated is the problem with this team right there.




  5. #17
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Palm Coast Florida
    Posts
    389

    Re: "Dream" offense that won't happen (but good for discussion)

    Exiled Raven..... Good Point. What is it going to take???





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland