Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Attendance

Blog Entries

Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by rararavens View Post
    what she said... still its hard to not scream your ass off every time one of these refs gives us a bum call or we earn one
    slight edit
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I can't see that at all. Steve has never run away from a challenge
    Except he said last year he wasn't having fun and he seriously considered selling the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    There has been a lot of discussion lately about the "Gameday Experience".

I'm wondering, how many people at the game knew when Will Davis, Dumervil and Webb went out with injuries? And how did you find out (radio, scoreboard)?

I didn't see any of them on the scoreboard.
    I found out from the Ravens app and most people around me found out the same way. I think a lot of people that are at the game are using the app

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    This did not just start this year. You could get tickets to the Browns game last year -- a lovely day with temps in the 50's, where the Ravens were playing the season finale for their playoff lives -- on Ticketmaster for face value. At the home opener against the Bengals, there were not spotty open seats, there were entire corners of the upper deck that were empty. The crowds have been getting small, quieter, and leaving earlier going back to 2013.
    the empty seats in the upper corners are the tickets that the visiting team turns in late in the week and the Ravens dont do a very good job of letting people know they have been turned in so they remain empty

Quote Originally Posted by Jayc00 View Post
    slight edit

Exaggerated!

I have been watching the sunny side of the stadium unloading of fans in the 4th quarter since 1998. Yesterday wasn't much different. During Sunny Fall days, many don't leave the stadium - just go to the concourse to get the Sun out of their eyes. Many others have "get-home-itis", leaving every game to try to beat the traffic.

Also, opponents roadies aren't buying up their teams' tickets. This has always been the case with Ohio fans (whose teams may not be providing them the opportunity to buy the unused players' tickets).

To provide a fair & balanced picture of the crowd, our friend "Camden Yard" should have posted a crowd photo of late 1st to early 2nd quarter.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Browns have a pretty low actual attendance number and the Raiders, one of the wrost teams in the league when it comes to attendance, covered their entire upper deck with a tarp because of poor sales.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2014
    Buh Buh buh but I thought they were the greatest and most devoted and loyal fans in sports history?!?*

*As the national media liked to remind everyone when the Ravens were born.....
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

8. Re: Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Buh Buh buh but I thought they were the greatest and most devoted and loyal fans in sports history?!?*

*As the national media liked to remind everyone when the Ravens were born.....
    Don't want to troll but need to point something out with this. The capacity they are using for Browns stadium is the old capacity of 73k, after they renovation with the scoreboards the capacity is down to 68k. Using these numbers results in over 99%

Blog Entries

No shows for the opener were apparent. But yesterday, there were a hell of a lot more. This is a shot of the stands taken about 9 minutes into the 4th quarter. And the weather was gorgeous yesterday.

I shudder to think what we will see when we have all of theose home games in December.

Attachment 3187
    What?? I thought attendance was always 71,045 or 71,046. That's what they always tell me. Now I learn it's not. Shocking...

There has been a lot of discussion lately about the "Gameday Experience".

I'm wondering, how many people at the game knew when Will Davis, Dumervil and Webb went out with injuries? And how did you find out (radio, scoreboard)?

I didn't see any of them on the scoreboard.
    I only knew when Webb was out because he was stood in the sideline for ages. Figured he was benched or something. Also noticed smith getting alot of snaps alongside Upshaw and didn't know where doom was.

That was poor. Need to be notified of those

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    I only knew when Webb was out because he was stood in the sideline for ages. Figured he was benched or something. Also noticed smith getting alot of snaps alongside Upshaw and didn't know where doom was.

That was poor. Need to be notified of those
    Agree. That was my point. This is pretty important stuff that the TV viewers will know almost immediately. If a stadium user without a phone or a radio needs to look at the scoreboard during the 5 seconds that the notification is up in 8 point font or miss it, they need to do better. Yeah, if on each series you look at every position presnap you might figure it out but I don't do that and I don't think many really do.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Some advice would be helpful but with prices that low my 5 year old had been bugging me to get to a football game. With the Ravens out of it think it would be good timing to take him to his first game or will I still deal with to many drunks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk