Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BR.com: Dennis Pitta coming back Week 7?

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...0-820e6c8f5fc2

Gillmore’s Curious Tweet About Pitta

Tight end Crockett Gillmore saw a Twitter conversation amongst fans that essentially said the Ravens tight ends corps is going to be amazing once it gets more experience.

It’s led by Gillmore, a first-year starter, and two rookies in second-round pick Maxx Williams(the youngest player on the team) and fifth-round pick Nick Boyle.

Gillmore responded to the fans’ analysis with this
    Last edited by PGCountyRaven85; 10-06-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: BR.comDennis Pitta coming back Week 7?

Why the power rangers theme song just popped in my head when I just read that???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Why the power rangers theme song just popped in my head when I just read that???
    So that mean's Lord Zed's theme must pop into your head when you think about the Steelers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

not sure the title matches the article. Its all about a tweet by crockett which doesnt have much information.

I thought all along hed be back before the season started so at this point I think week 7 is has been extremely conservative with his injury. 13 months removed. frankly though, I think our TEs are as good, if not better without him. Id hate to see somebody get cut for Pitta at this point and that includes depth at another position, since well never use all 4 TEs. I dont look at our TEs and think "damn theyre just not producing." one of the few areas on offense where I think they are stepping up just fine.
    -JAB

Re: BR.com: Dennis Pitta coming back Week 7?

I probably sound negative here but Pitta coming back doesn't excite me much if at all. He doesn't bring that speed element to blow the top off defenses. We have Young TE's that are going to be around for some years. I'd rather Pitta hang it up and take care of himself. After seeing the way he collapsed last year I'd rather not see him go through that again.
    Good player, hard worker and respect the hell out of him but if he didn't come back I would be ok with that and don't think it would hurt the team if he didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Biggest receiver unit in the league, lol.

Pitta - 6'4" 245lbs
    Gilmore - 6'6" 270lbs
    Maxx - 6'4" 250lbs
    Boyle - 6'4" 270lbs
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    not sure the title matches the article. Its all about a tweet by crockett which doesnt have much information.

I thought all along hed be back before the season started so at this point I think week 7 is has been extremely conservative with his injury. 13 months removed. frankly though, I think our TEs are as good, if not better without him. Id hate to see somebody get cut for Pitta at this point and that includes depth at another position, since well never use all 4 TEs. I dont look at our TEs and think "damn theyre just not producing." one of the few areas on offense where I think they are stepping up just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I probably sound negative here but Pitta coming back doesn't excite me much if at all. He doesn't bring that speed element to blow the top off defenses. We have Young TE's that are going to be around for some years. I'd rather Pitta hang it up and take care of himself. After seeing the way he collapsed last year I'd rather not see him go through that again.
    Good player, hard worker and respect the hell out of him but if he didn't come back I would be ok with that and don't think it would hurt the team if he didn't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I think that Pitta has that "it" that can make plays and is in sync with Flacco. He can bring something to the table if healthy. Having said that, I would have the concern over freeing up a roster spot to have him try to stay healthy and I am not sure it is in his best interest to come out again.
    Captain Offense

Blog Entries

They probably won't cut a TE, given the likelihood that Pitta will re-injure the hip.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Offense View Post
    I think that Pitta has that "it" that can make plays and is in sync with Flacco. He can bring something to the table if healthy. Having said that, I would have the concern over freeing up a roster spot to have him try to stay healthy and I am not sure it is in his best interest to come out again.
    you dont think Gilmore has that? Boyle and Maxx have shown glimpses as well.

ive said for years that this "connection" that Flacco has with Pitta is debunk. It isnt with Pitta, its with a TE with hands. We have 3 of those now, so I dont see anything changing. The myth of Pitta is far greater than the reality of the player.
    -JAB

Well, it seems like this is the type of season where you grasp onto any sliver of hope you can find. I know we're all unsure about Pitta's hip, but the truth is that this team needs playmakers right now. Pitta, when last healthy and on the field, is a playmaker. If he has any of that left we can use it.

I'd like it if they just cut ties with Marlon Brown and replaced him with Pitta. Pitta is probably only a hair slower than Marlon Brown, but he's sure-handed, runs excellent routes and is a little bigger. But that's just me. #IJS