Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 25 to 32 of 32
  1. #25

    Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline



    Funny when mentioning Brady you left out ALL WORLD tight end Gronk. The best slot reciever in the past 15 years WELKER and when leading the team to 16-0 that bum that couldn't run or catch randy Moss also throw in the tightend now in jail that was pretty good Hernandez. Brady has had weapons and was carried to the first three Super Bowls by the defense. Remember the first Super Bowl run he got knocked out (while losing) and Bledsoe came in and led them to the win





  2. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    people want to blame the defense... people want to blame the offense (wrongfully imo)... the real issue was injury. this teams depth has been severely hit so far. same issues as last year really. I mean first and second halves were total opposites and the only true change was how many starters we had out there by the end. that was this issue this past week.
    Two injuries on D seemed to happen out of sight - Webb and Davis. When Doom left that was real bad and it was immediately noticable. We had piss for pass rush after he departed. McCowan had all freaking day, and it was like Groundhog Day. The rush would come and slowly squeeze in from the left and right, and then he would step forward and to the right into a clear opening, where he had a choice of running forward untouched for 15 yards or throwing the ball for twenty or more, which is what he did over and over and over.

    Say what you will about this defense but the combination of the front three plus Sizzle and Doom always made it challenging for offenses. It meant that teams could not run and had about 2.5 seconds to release the ball or they would be taking real chances. With a healthy secondary, they were capable of strangling the life out of teams. Take away Sizzle and Doom (and replace them with Babin and ZSmith) and the Ravens Defense is warm piss. There is not an NFL QB - not one - who with that much time in the pocket and with the McDonald's greeter squad for a Ravens secondary who will not light us up over and over again.

    Folks, we saw how hard it is to fill out a secondary with quality players (I count a healthy Webb as a quality player and am perhaps jumping the gun in declaring Davis one but what difference does it make this year?) A good pass rusher is real premium. Unlike other positions it is very rare to find a good one outside of a high first-round draft pick or for an outrageous cap hit.

    We will not get so lucky as a fax machine error twice. Maybe Doom's injury will be short lived and he has nore in the tank, but yikes! Seeing life without him and Sizzle is freaking scary.





  3. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    12,307
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Seeing life without him and Sizzle is freaking scary.
    youre not wrong about that.

    I would argue you can find Pass rushers outside the top half though. The premier ones, sure, but even then half of those top ones bust. guys like Houston, Jarred Allen, Dumervil, etc come out just about every year and fall to the mid rounds for whatever reason. its just recognizing and pulling the trigger to draft such a player when available that seems to escape us to some degree.

    next year you can bet on a CB, WR and Pass rusher being drafted by this team. without question theyll be high priorities. which one, when is completely dependent upon how the draft shakes out.
    -JAB





  4. #28

    Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

    Field Yates ‏@FieldYates 12m12 minutes ago
    Source: Ravens converted $1,628,824 of C Jeremy Zuttah's remaining 2015 base salary into a signing bonus, creating $1,221,618 in cap space.





  5. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    youre not wrong about that.

    I would argue you can find Pass rushers outside the top half though. The premier ones, sure, but even then half of those top ones bust. guys like Houston, Jarred Allen, Dumervil, etc come out just about every year and fall to the mid rounds for whatever reason. its just recognizing and pulling the trigger to draft such a player when available that seems to escape us to some degree.

    next year you can bet on a CB, WR and Pass rusher being drafted by this team. without question theyll be high priorities. which one, when is completely dependent upon how the draft shakes out.
    I saw something where pass rushers are the hardest to draft outside of the top rounds. People with the strength, quickness and hip flexibility to run around a tackle and keep pressure and/or bull rush are freaks of nature. They stand out and every scout is looking hard for them. The exceptions, where guys show that skill at the elite level AFTER being drafted are rare, and frankly, it is a bit chancy to throw a high-to-mid round pick on one.





  6. Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

    Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Take a deep breathe and calm down. I don't know how you aren't putting Brady in your top list. The guy has had high school receivers and a no name offensive line and put up big offensive numbers in the past. To say Flacco is better than Brady is being a homer.

    I think we all agree Flacco is the least of our worries. That being said, Flacco got his big pay day. We're going to see what kind of character he's made of this offseason. Is he going to be greedy like the last time and go for every dollar and screw the team in the long run (like that scumbag Brees) or play nice with a lower salary which will allow us to acquire more depth and quality across the board. He's seeing first hand proof what happens when the team has very little cap space. This year it is because of dead money, in the future it could be him. It is his decision.
    A few points here...I guess you missed when I said *running this offensive scheme * Brady had his offense tailor made to his strength (short accurate throws) which also hide his weakness (arm strength, slow as dirt)

    So If you think Brady or any QB can come in with this crappy offensive scheme, were we all know every play before it happens, and we're not even paid coaches, I think your delusional.

    Also, Name ONE player who actually took a real PAYCUT. It doesn't happen, they restructure, giving them more long term money. NO ONE in real life agrees to a pay cut

    Quote Originally Posted by Goody79 View Post
    Funny when mentioning Brady you left out ALL WORLD tight end Gronk. The best slot reciever in the past 15 years WELKER and when leading the team to 16-0 that bum that couldn't run or catch randy Moss also throw in the tightend now in jail that was pretty good Hernandez. Brady has had weapons and was carried to the first three Super Bowls by the defense. Remember the first Super Bowl run he got knocked out (while losing) and Bledsoe came in and led them to the win
    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Edelman, Amendola, Dobson, and Keyshawn Martin. That's who he's throwing to now. Who of those guys would you consider to be a top-tier NFL receiver?

    He's won Super Bowls with Brandon LaFell, David Givens, Deion Branch, and Troy Brown as his top wide receivers. His receiving corps has, by and large, been crap. Period. How is that making anything up?

    All of those guys listed above did squat anywhere apart from the Patriots. The only studs he's had were Welker and Moss, and he never won with them.

    How good were the guys he won with? Edelman had one 1000 yard season. Troy Brown had one. Givens, LaFell, and Branch combined had as many as I do.

    To psuraven's point: in 2005, Brady led the entire league in passing, and his receiving corps was Givens/Branch/Brown and Tim Dwight. His line was two rookies, plus Dan Koppen, Steve Neal, and Tom Ashworth.
    So who exactly are the great players you think were there on that team?
    Well he did have a Hall of Famer in Wes Welker, who was every bit as good in denver, until he kept getting concussions. He was the best 3rd down receiver of all time, bar none
    He also had HOF in Randy Moss,
    The most unstoppable offensive Weapon I've seen since barry sanders in Gronk.
    Aaron Hernandez would have been a #1 TE on any other team but the pats and saints

    And the most important aspect to what makes Brady great....They scheme to his strengths. Harbaugh and his OC's never change their gameplan and its always predictable. The pat's scheme is top notch.

    I guess you dont remember Matt Cassel tearing up the league

    Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Ok you're right and everyone else in the world is wrong. Flacco is better than Brady.

    Flacco has already agreed to a new deal, huh? Okay, I guess you are breaking news now, too.

    By the way, you come off like a hyped up punk ass, dropping F Bombs and spazzing out because someone doesn't agree with you.


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    The argument was Flacco has no help on offense, and his schemes are never tailored to his strengths, or really good at all. Unlike brady, who has multiple HOF he has thrown to, and a tailored offense, that changes to fit the players.

    Matt Cassel Replaced brady, Im sure flacco would throw for 5K yards in that offense. Put brady in our offense and he's injured half the year.

    But its ok,You come off like a typical PSU fan, one who is completely ignorant of the big picture. Go pretend like your hero Joe Pa is a great guy. Go cry wolf, woah is PSU who received less punishment then OSU, Miami, or USC, while have boys sexually assaulted on campus. I feel you'd fit in better with the Big Ben fans





  7. Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Two injuries on D seemed to happen out of sight - Webb and Davis. When Doom left that was real bad and it was immediately noticable. We had piss for pass rush after he departed. McCowan had all freaking day, and it was like Groundhog Day. The rush would come and slowly squeeze in from the left and right, and then he would step forward and to the right into a clear opening, where he had a choice of running forward untouched for 15 yards or throwing the ball for twenty or more, which is what he did over and over and over.

    Say what you will about this defense but the combination of the front three plus Sizzle and Doom always made it challenging for offenses. It meant that teams could not run and had about 2.5 seconds to release the ball or they would be taking real chances. With a healthy secondary, they were capable of strangling the life out of teams. Take away Sizzle and Doom (and replace them with Babin and ZSmith) and the Ravens Defense is warm piss. There is not an NFL QB - not one - who with that much time in the pocket and with the McDonald's greeter squad for a Ravens secondary who will not light us up over and over again.

    Folks, we saw how hard it is to fill out a secondary with quality players (I count a healthy Webb as a quality player and am perhaps jumping the gun in declaring Davis one but what difference does it make this year?) A good pass rusher is real premium. Unlike other positions it is very rare to find a good one outside of a high first-round draft pick or for an outrageous cap hit.

    We will not get so lucky as a fax machine error twice. Maybe Doom's injury will be short lived and he has nore in the tank, but yikes! Seeing life without him and Sizzle is freaking scary.
    Nothing but truth here.





  8. #32

    Re: $37 Million Dollars Sitting on the Sideline

    Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Ok you're right and everyone else in the world is wrong. Flacco is better than Brady.

    Flacco has already agreed to a new deal, huh? Okay, I guess you are breaking news now, too.

    By the way, you come off like a hyped up punk ass, dropping F Bombs and spazzing out because someone doesn't agree with you.


    Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    No it's because you're a raging idiot. Julian Edelman and Gronkowski are both better than any pass catcher Flacco has ever had.

    Joe Flacco has considerably outplayed Brady in every playoff game, yet the series is 2-2. Why not 4-0? Because Brady is on a much better team with much better coaching.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland