Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: From Hero to Goat Tucker deserves some Blame

You guys missed the point of the thread. I was just pointing out that Tucker needs to be more sure of which end of the field he is kicking at. He knows it is tougher to kick at that end of the field so he has to be honest with Harbaugh and himself that he needs to be a little closer than 51. I know he just wants to help but he killed the field position by missing a long FG. That is why I called him the goat for attempting the long FG instead of taking the safe punt option. He did the same exact thing against the Bengals with the same result.
    The other point was I don't like when players talk about contracts or reference contracts after a game like when he said "Where's Ozzie" after the Steelers game. That is done in the off-season. Now you guys may think that is OK but I don't think it needs to be said.
    I really like Tucker but I think he needs to know his limits. But I also want to see him kick a 65 yard FG at the other end of the field. Hope he is a Raven for life!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Section 120 View View Post
    You guys missed the point of the thread. I was just pointing out that Tucker needs to be more sure of which end of the field he is kicking at. He knows it is tougher to kick at that end of the field so he has to be honest with Harbaugh and himself that he needs to be a little closer than 51. I know he just wants to help but he killed the field position by missing a long FG. That is why I called him the goat for attempting the long FG instead of taking the safe punt option. He did the same exact thing against the Bengals with the same result.
    The other point was I don't like when players talk about contracts or reference contracts after a game like when he said "Where's Ozzie" after the Steelers game. That is done in the off-season. Now you guys may think that is OK but I don't think it needs to be said.
    I really like Tucker but I think he needs to know his limits. But I also want to see him kick a 65 yard FG at the other end of the field. Hope he is a Raven for life!!!!
    HUH? Your original post mentions nothing about the field position or which side he is kicking into. You're clearing pissed that he missed a fg, which happens. You've been spoiled by Tucker and expect perfection from him. When he misses and we lose you point the finger at him. Fact is he has saved us so many times with clutch kicks that when he doesn't you want to blame him. It's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by Complex View Post
    Rag on Tucker. Future HOF and the guy solely responsible for the only Raven's win to this point. Every kicker is entitled to miss on occasion, this just happened at the wrong time. We all know that was an anomaly and he will go on to win many more games and be one to the top guys at his craft. As a Steeler fan, don't get me started on kickers. . . .

On an unrelated note, for a football player, he seems to be a natural at making commercials. Most football players are just too awkward and goofy, his RF commercial is actually good. Ngata, well, he should stick to football. :)
    I'd imagine that if Tucker were to become a free agent Tucker would be the first free agent the Steelers and their fans would want to go after.
    The fact that this thread exists is about as mind boggling as seeing Tucker actually become a free agent and not payed by the Ravens.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

LOL @ this thread.

Tucket likely doesn't miss that kick if not for that dumb penalty. A 51-yarder is no gimme under any circumstance.

Tucker is probably the most reliable player on the team outside of Yanda.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    I'd imagine that if Tucker were to become a free agent Tucker would be the first free agent the Steelers and their fans would want to go after.
    The fact that this thread exists is about as mind boggling as seeing Tucker actually become a free agent and not payed by the Ravens.

*%#@ Yeah !!

What is Tucker's current contractual situation as far as length and amount? Whoever pays him for a new contract is going to be paying some serious stacks.

[QUOTE=mindless lemming;997091]This thread is the equivalent of bitching about the arrangement of deck chairs on the Titanic....

This!