Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I still Like Waller but..

He doesn't need a lot of speed if he can play to his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

He may have had confidence at Ga Tech, but he has to develop his confidence at the next level. There are several catches that he's had the opportunity to make with the Ravens, that he DID make at Ga Tech, even with limited targets. As far as his speed is concerned, he is a long strider type of guy, where he doesn't look like he's going as fast as he is. Kamar Aiken's game speed is much slower. Waller is like a faster Flacco. When you see Flacco run it doesn't look like he's running fast, but before you know it he's gained ten yards.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's got confidence, look at this cat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVGObWpWUg
    This only shows he can catch wide open passes downfield against college DB's. I haven't seen anything that shows he can consistently go up and win tight 50/50 balls or even catch contested balls utilizing his size. Although limited opportinities, so far he's at 0% in the NFL.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill

Next man up Waller! Time to show what you got in your heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's got confidence, look at this cat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vVGObWpWUg
    What is that supposed to show? That when he's wide open he can catch the ball?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    That when he's wide open he can catch the ball?
    So you're saying he's already better than Travis Taylor.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    So you're saying he's already better than Travis Taylor.
    he got us in FG range in Pitt yea he's already his light years ahead of travis taylor.

He's going to take some time to adjust. This is exactly the sort of guy who needs a full offseason in an NFL weight program. Doesn't mean he can't help now, but our expectations for him should be higher next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    He's going to take some time to adjust. This is exactly the sort of guy who needs a full offseason in an NFL weight program. Doesn't mean he can't help now, but our expectations for him should be higher next year.
    This is the second or third time I've heard Waller mentioned with an NFL grade weight program. His calves are already huge, which can be a telling body part for players needing to bulk up. I suppose the dude would be a spectacle at 260.

Someone nuts need to make him mean, I'm just not certain about weight training, perhaps innovative strength training ala Revis. Otherwise we would turn him into a TE. We have those. Need to keep the speed in Waller.

Look I want the kid to be the next (albeit slower) Randy Moss as much as the next guy. I'm not holding my breath though.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    This is the second or third time I've heard Waller mentioned with an NFL grade weight program. His calves are already huge, which can be a telling body part for players needing to bulk up. I suppose the dude would be a spectacle at 260.

Someone nuts need to make him mean, I'm just not certain about weight training, perhaps innovative strength training ala Revis. Otherwise we would turn him into a TE. We have those. Need to keep the speed in Waller.
    It's worth sacrificing a little speed to be able to bully corners on the line and get past them. Waller, at his height, is never going to be able to just dip his shoulders and go around them like a Randall Cobb might. He's got to be able to knock their hands away and shove past them, and outmuscle them for jump balls downfield. That's where some weightlifting will help.

If he just catches everything thrown at him, what's wrong with that. I don't care if he walks down the field, just catch the damn ball.