Page 4 of 365 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Way too early 2016 WR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Bear's cap situation could impact whether they pay Jeffrey or not.

They're clearly cutting J-Bone (Cutler), so either they're going to use their 1st to draft someone or try and sign someone. Plus, they need to completely re-tool their defense to fit Vic Fangio's scheme. They're going to have spend some cash for their front-7...it's not going to be cheap.
    Forte is also coming off the books. They only have 91 million on the cap next year WITH Cutler and a few other potential money saving cuts on the roster. The Bears will resign or franchise him. No way they let him go and if they did, given how much better he is than the other options out there in FA, no way we would have the money to sign him with our other needs

Its a pipe dream. Not gonna happen

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Forte is also coming off the books. They only have 91 million on the cap next year WITH Cutler and a few other potential money saving cuts on the roster. The Bears will resign or franchise him. No way they let him go and if they did, given how much better he is than the other options out there in FA, no way we would have the money to sign him with our other needs

Its a pipe dream. Not gonna happen. We need to bring in 2 solid vets and hope Perriman develops. We also need to draft 2 WR to push guys like Brown, Aiken and sadly Campanaro out the door

“A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Sorry double post

-Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Well, at this point, who knows what they're doing? New GM...new coach...typically that means a lot of players from past regimes are going to get canned.

I will say that I can't see the Bears letting Jeffrey go. If they have to, they'll tag him.

It's fun to dream though, no?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Well, at this point, who knows what they're doing? New GM...new coach...typically that means a lot of players from past regimes are going to get canned.

I will say that I can't see the Bears letting Jeffrey go. If they have to, they'll tag him.

It's fun to dream though, no?
    Yea I agree.....Flacco to Jeffery would be a nice dream indeed

-Ray Lewis

The Bear's cap situation could impact whether they pay Jeffrey or not.

They're clearly cutting J-Bone (Cutler), so either they're going to use their 1st to draft someone or try and sign someone. Plus, they need to completely re-tool their defense to fit Vic Fangio's scheme. They're going to have spend some cash for their front-7...it's not going to be cheap.
    Trade them Schaub for Jeffrey straight up. Lol

Blog Entries

Something has to be up with Cordarelle Patterson that he is even in discussion for trade while in a Norv Turner offense. That should put him in his wheel house. I will say that a Trestman offense might actually work for him as well with the screens. Maybe not so much with the crossing patterns, but the vertical elements and screens.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

8. Re: Way too early 2016 WR Thread

The guy I'm paying attention to is Reuben Randle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree, but with Cruz's recent injury history, I'm wondering if the G-men will ultimately value him more than we think.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I agree, but with Cruz's recent injury history, I'm wondering if the G-men will ultimately value him more than we think.
    Good point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    If the kid from Clemson declares what round would people be comfortable taking a flyer on him in?
    Assuming you're talking about Mike Williams, I'd take a flyer in the 2nd. He was walking the week of his injury. He's supposed to take the neck brace off after 3 months, when he'll be able to start working out again. It was a freak injury that's pretty unlikely to be repeated. Not like a blown knee or back. It's doubtful the Clemson coaching staff lets him play again this year, but I could certainly see him declaring regardless. it's a shallow year at the position, and he's very, very good (Better than Martavis Bryant was at Clemson). Artavis Scott is better, but he's not eligible until the 2017 draft.

Agree with the thoughts on here about Pharoh Cooper. I hate that program with a passion and am drinking in its demise this season with unadulterated joy, but that kid is a player.

Malcolm Mitchell is a player not often mentioned that impresses me most every time I see him play.

Blog Entries

That's the most likely scenario. The only way that doesn't happen would be if his recent injury scares them off from a big contract. If that's the case every other team should worry too.

Treadwell looks good this year. If his combine speed numbers and medicals are good, mark my words, he is far and away the best NFL ready WR and will be a top 10 pick.

He is very Dez Bryant like in terms of ability. Great size and has huge very good hands...very gifted. He also has a good head and does not have the character issues that Boyd has (DWI)

Think way to many of you are to quick to dismiss Treadwell. By all accounts his knee is healed and looks good.

I don't have a problem with Treadwell, and I do agree that if you are going to compare a WR to Dez, Treadwell is it.

To me, and I haven't watched all his games, but to me, he doesn't look as impressive so far as he did before his injury.

I don't think he's going to run fast enough to be a top 10 pick. I do like him a lot though.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.