Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Lack of Leadership?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    That was so impressive. Made some big time throws with guys who would be on other teams practice squads. Sure he made some mistakes but he bounced back in a hostile environment. Joe is a baller and proud to have him as my QB.
    you can't really ask for much more from your QB I don't think no other QB not brady , Manning, Rogers could have use what he used last night to win game, no way.

I'm going with the full quote on Flacco from the Brownies board JBK cites above, because it is great, and spot effing on:

"The thing about Flacco that makes him good is he really is teflon to whatever just happened. He's that drunk guy that just doesn't care about the full boat bloody mary all over his face and shirt. Dude is going to calmly walk right up to the next girl like she's about to blow him.

Flacco isn't great. But he has that quality which defines people for whom the game is never really over".

http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/foru...d?s=149&page=3

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata Da Vida View Post
    I'm going with the full quote on Flacco from the Brownies board JBK cites above, because it is great, and spot effing on:

"The thing about Flacco that makes him good is he really is teflon to whatever just happened. He's that drunk guy that just doesn't care about the full boat bloody mary all over his face and shirt. Dude is going to calmly walk right up to the next girl like she's about to blow him.

Flacco isn't great. But he has that quality which defines people for whom the game is never really over".

http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/foru...d?s=149&page=3

Freaking classic! That's him, alright.

[QUOTE=Ngata Da Vida;991568]I'm going with the full quote on Flacco from the Brownies board JBK cites above, because it is great, and spot effing on:

[url]http://www.scout.com/nfl/browns/forums/4409

That's probably the attitude that his wife found in him.LMAO. But then she told him, that shit better not happen with any other women. Flacco is a rare QB, never quits and never stops trying. What's not to like, LOL.

Agreed! Leadership is about being smart, not "me first".

Blog Entries

Almost every week we talk about lack of leadership on this team. Well last night, our QB, Joe Flacco show some damn good leadership. On the 4th and 1 Harbs and Trestman were talking about going for it, maybe try to draw them offsides, etc. I know one poster in the game thread thinks Joe should have wanted to go for it. I'm sure Joe did want to go for it, but instead he knew what was needed for the team to avoid 0-4. Joe stepped up and said "Let Tucker win it." IMO part of being a leader is recognizing the abilities and talents of those under you and giving them the chance to succeed. Joe had no doubt that Tucker would make that kick. As did the Steelers fans, they were leaving as Tucker lined up. He stepped up to the HC and OC and made a command decision. Joe put Tucker in a position to succeed, and he did. That my purple friends is leadership.
    I think we all knew Tucker would kick it but even if it was Flacco's call, not sure that is what I would define as leadership. Don't take it as negative, but when we talk about needing leadership, it should be more than making a call to go for it or kick IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I love Flacco, but I will face facts. If we are talking about leadership in year 8, that says that Flacco is NOT a leader.

Supremely talented? yes. Leader? NO.

In year 8 he still doesn't master the huddle, clock (tempo), cadence, play action fakes, look-offs, ball fakes, and side line command. I don't know what to say. If you are being real with your sell as a real football analyst, you know I am right. With that said, I love Flacco. If he took that kind of command, he would be hands down, the best QB in the league.

Sorry guys and gals.

And with all of that, being said - I think the dude is elite. Crazy, right?

He's similar to Ripken. Great skills, play maker, but not a leader that rallies the other players.

But damn it, Flacco is the reason Raven fans watch football in January.

Quote Originally Posted by jimjim5 View Post
    I love Flacco, but I will face facts. If we are talking about leadership in year 8, that says that Flacco is NOT a leader.

Supremely talented? yes. Leader? NO.

In year 8 he still doesn't master the huddle, clock (tempo), cadence, play action fakes, look-offs, ball fakes, and side line command. I don't know what to say. If you are being real with your sell as a real football analyst, you know I am right. With that said, I love Flacco. If he took that kind of command, he would be hands down, the best QB in the league.

Sorry guys and gals.

And with all of that, being said - I think the dude is elite. Crazy, right?
    2010 called. It wants its post back...

That was so impressive. Made some big time throws with guys who would be on other teams practice squads. Sure he made some mistakes but he bounced back in a hostile environment. Joe is a baller and proud to have him as my QB.
    I think a lot of posters are proud to have Joe as the Ravens QB however his mistakes are mind numbing at times. Also I expect Joe to make chicken salad out of chicken chit. Aaron Rodgers has talented receivers but nowhere near what he lost in Jordy Nelson. Brady has always done a lot with a little. IMO while Joe's not an all timer like the two aforementioned he ain't too far behind. It's up to him how great he wants to be.

I know you're as big a Flacco supporter as there is on this board however understand that criticism comes with the territory for a QB especially one as talented as Joe.

IMO his comment to Harbs about tucker winning it was more about smarts than leadership. Getting an extra yard for a first down might have led to a first down fumble and a potential Steelers win. Joe probably knew when you have a chance to end the game you end it no matter how you do it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    He's similar to Ripken. Great skills, play maker, but not a leader that rallies the other players.

But damn it, Flacco is the reason Raven fans watch football in January.
    i have to agree with this to an extent

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I think a lot of posters are proud to have Joe as the Ravens QB however his mistakes are mind numbing at times. Also I expect Joe to make chicken salad out of chicken chit. Aaron Rodgers has talented receivers but nowhere near what he lost in Jordy Nelson. Brady has always done a lot with a little. IMO while Joe's not an all timer like the two aforementioned he ain't too far behind. It's up to him how great he wants to be.

I know you're as big a Flacco supporter as there is on this board however understand that criticism comes with the territory for a QB especially one as talented as Joe.

IMO his comment to Harbs about tucker winning it was more about smarts than leadership. Getting an extra yard for a first down might have led to a first down fumble and a potential Steelers win. Joe probably knew when you have a chance to end the game you end it no matter how you do it.
    I agree Joe can be so frustrating! Mind boggling frustrating. While Brady and Aaron has lost weapons before in the past, they have never had the lack of talent at wideout that Joe did last night. That being said I will never say Joe is better or on par with Brady or Aaron. Those guys play at a different level. They're the 2 best QBs in the league and it ain't close. But Joe is a top tier QB. QBs will also get a lot of criticism and there are a lot of things to criticize about Joe. Sometimes the criticism he receives from this fan base is just as mind boggling as Joe's bad performance.

People always want to tear him apart for some reason. I just thought this thread could show him a little love for a change.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller