Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Trestman/Offense

I am just thoroughly confused.

What is our offense?

Does anyone have any clue what the core concepts of this offense are?

Is it because we have no WRs?

Or something else?

I just have no clue what these plays are.

Re: Trestman/Offense

It's a short passing game with a bunch of short crossing routes. He hasn't normally ran an offense with a FB, nor has he run a zone blocking sceme so essentially, he's trying to run Kubiak's/someone else's running game mixed with a very short passing game.

To me, of course he's hamstrung as he doesn't have anybody other than Sr who can get any YAC whatsoever so these short passes look bad when guys are getting tackled as soon as they catch the ball.

I'd like for him to have us take some more deep shots...and NOT to Aiken.

To me, the team obviously wanted Kubiak's offense but if that's what they wanted they should have signed Shanny Jr. Instead, they are forcing a man to run someone else's offense and it leads to confusion when your head guy isn't even doing what he's believed in his entire career.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

yea fuck this punk. but i think he is just following harbs' instructions.
    i watched lots off bears games last few years and this O doesnt look anything like the chicago O.

forsett has no catches
    1 WR screen
    few throws to tight ends
    no slants

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    It's a short passing game with a bunch of short crossing routes. He hasn't normally ran an offense with a FB, nor has he run a zone blocking sceme so essentially, he's trying to run Kubiak's running game mixed with a very short passing game.

To me, of course he's hamstrung as he doesn't have anybody other than Sr who can get any YAC whatsoever so these short passes look bad when guys are getting tackled as soon as they catch the ball.

I actually like Aiken over the middle and running the slot.

I have to check the tape, but I think Forsett is so critical to PassPro that he's really not a viable receiving option.5
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

It's a short passing game with a bunch of short crossing routes. He hasn't normally ran an offense with a FB, nor has he run a zone blocking sceme so essentially, he's trying to run Kubiak's running game mixed with a very short passing game.

we threw deep 0 times today.
    flacco is 21st

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...PerPassAttempt

Blog Entries

Maybe it looks so disjointed because it is some weird ass hybrid?

At this point, fuck you Kubiak. Thanks a lot.

Now we're stuck with some step child offense and no playmakers to speak of.

This is not a Trestman offense. This is a Kubiak offense being orchestrated by Trestman. Big difference. The former is probably a good fit and we'd be seeing some progress. The latter, as we've seen is a complete cluster....

where is the play action. bootleg, rollout??????

To me, the team obviously wanted Kubiak's offense but if that's what they wanted they should have signed Shanny Jr.
    YES. That was so obviously the move this offseason. I'm surprised they didn't make it.

11. Re: Trestman/Offense

I'm just glad he stuck to the running game. We need to be productive on the ground for this offense to succeed. Especially since we just lost Sr and Camp.
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

I didn't really have a problem with the play calling. There was a lot of pressure. Joe gave them two turn overs. Marlon Brown and Aiken missed/dropped several passes. That's on the players