Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens stats so far...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is what good coaching does. When have you ever seen this before? If you are playing the Patriots how do you attack it? Given the points they've scored it's obvious that no one has figured how to so far.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-b...155902845.html

The Boston Herald took a deep dive on the frequency with which New England has been rotating its offensive line, and it's unlike anything else you'll find in football. Through their first 30 offensive possessions this year, the Patriots have rolled out nine different offensive line combinations (not including kneels to end halves), and they deployed a 10th unique combination on goal line packages against the Jaguars that resulted in three LeGarrette Blount rushing touchdowns. Against the Steelers in Week 1, they didn't begin consecutive possessions with the same offensive line combination until the 6th and 7th possessions.
    they light years ahead of the game man, will the Ravens ever get to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    they light years ahead of the game man, will the Ravens ever get to this point?
    Yet a healthy motivated Ravens team is the only AFC team who doesn't get intimidated when playing the Patriots especially in Foxboro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    This is what good coaching does. When have you ever seen this before? If you are playing the Patriots how do you attack it? Given the points they've scored it's obvious that no one has figured how to so far.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-b...155902845.html

The Boston Herald took a deep dive on the frequency with which New England has been rotating its offensive line, and it's unlike anything else you'll find in football. Through their first 30 offensive possessions this year, the Patriots have rolled out nine different offensive line combinations (not including kneels to end halves), and they deployed a 10th unique combination on goal line packages against the Jaguars that resulted in three LeGarrette Blount rushing touchdowns. Against the Steelers in Week 1, they didn't begin consecutive possessions with the same offensive line combination until the 6th and 7th possessions.
    Eh.

They're 24th in the league in rushing.

Obviously, I think they're the best coached team in the NFL.

I happen to think this experiment isn't very likely to be that successful.

It requires a significant investment in roster space and talent acquisition to have 8-9 lineman you feel are worthy of playing time.

They can do it b/c they have the system and the QB to mask a weakness. I don't think it would be very effective elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Yet a healthy motivated Ravens team is the only AFC team who doesn't get intimidated when playing the Patriots especially in Foxboro.

It's like a bad half a month and people forget the last 7 fucking years.

I imagine they're miserable in life. If you're bitching about the Ravens' coaching/FO 2 hours a day online, how much would you be bitching if you rooted for 28 other franchises?

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Harbaugh has a SB title Smith does not
    Very true, but we are not the Falcons.
    They were never really a team that had a high level of success so Smith got several years to improve and gain success.
    The players they garnered for him over the years built a quality team that had virtually no post season success even though they were successful in the regular season.
    At some point you make a change if the current regime can't take the next step which they didn't.

In our case we are a franchise whos level of expectations and achievements are on a different barometer then a franchise like the Falcons therefore the level of how success is measured has less tolerance for down seasons.

No matter how bad this season ends up (if it does conclude how it appears right now), I highly doubt Harbaugh would be sent packing.
    Quite frankly I'd be shocked if that happened, but I definitely would expect some changes to be made to this coaching staff that I think would be required of him if he didn't do it on his own accord.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    It's like a bad half a month and people forget the last 7 fucking years.

I imagine they're miserable in life. If you're bitching about the Ravens' coaching/FO 2 hours a day online, how much would you be bitching if you rooted for 28 other franchises?
    I think that's a pretty unfair post there right now.
    The majority of these people on here have been here for years and have offered their opinions both good and bad throughout those years regardless of how the Ravens are doing.
    Nobody has forgotten about this teams successes over the years, and I would presume all are grateful for the enjoyment they've received from supporting this team.
    Doesn't mean that they can't criticize this team when things don't appear to be right and offer their opinions as fans as to what they think should take place to help correct the issues and put them on the right path back to success.
    A lot of different personalities on here and all express themselves in different ways, but I think the vast majority all have the same thing in mind when they spend their time on here.
    This place is no different than any other teams forums, and definitely no different than forums from teams that have had and are use to having a high level of success, and have their teams bar for success set the same way as ours is by all that are involved in setting that bar.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!