Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Scheming for Vick

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    If they're "containing the edge" that by definition means they're not rushing the passer.

Watch Suggs in the Superbowl vs. SF.

That was job in that game.

He hardly went in the backfield.
    yes they are OMG! they are maintaining C gap integrity but collapsing the pocket nonetheless they are flushing Vick to step up hence the A gap Pressure! its still rushing the passer but containing the pocket..LAWD GOD!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    yes they are OMG! they are maintaining C gap integrity but collapsing the pocket nonetheless they are flushing Vick to step up hence the A gap Pressure! its still rushing the passer but containing the pocket..LAWD GOD!!
    Dude, despite your "25 years in the game" you don't know what you're talking about.

If they're going to contain the edge, they're going to stay on the edge of the pocket and let nothing get outside of them. They're not going to rush at Vick b/c one side step and he's outside of them, and they've failed to do their job.

Like I said, watch Suggs in the Superbowl vs. SF. And tell me how much he's "rushing' the passer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Play the corners 10 yards off and cover2 on passing plays. You watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No doubt RWT, sadly, and then all I can imagine after Vick has free reign to extend drives against our Easter Island formations is Pees up in the booth with a Gomer Pyle voice, "goh ollolleee"

Blog Entries

Dude, despite your "25 years in the game" you don't know what you're talking about.

If they're going to contain the edge, they're going to stay on the edge of the pocket and let nothing get outside of them. They're not going to rush at Vick b/c one side step and he's outside of them, and they've failed to do their job.

Like I said, watch Suggs in the Superbowl vs. SF. And tell me how much he's "rushing' the passer.
    they are containing C Gap, if Vick flushes left or right its either A a sack or B QB pressure so you still rushing your Ends but maintaining the C gap, you take a wider Angle not allowing anything outside if Vick steps up you can still get him in the B gaps if he steps out you can get him C gap...Comprehende' PorFavor'? smh Dean I just can't with you today.

Blog Entries

they are containing C Gap, if Vick flushes left or right its either A a sack or B QB pressure so you still rushing your Ends but maintaining the C gap, you take a wider Angle not allowing anything outside if Vick steps up you can still get him in the B gaps if he steps out you can get him C gap...Comprehende' PorFavor'? smh Dean I just can't with you today.
    Oh, yeah, tackling Vick when running at him is no problem.

That's the whole point. You have to assure he stays in front of you. Rushing at him gives him the opportunity to avoid that and get outside. Which again is the whole point of "setting the edge."

You want to call me Pees for having the audacity to talk reality to you?

That's fine. I'm going to call you George McClellan. Because you're literally wrong about fucking everything.

BTW, I see you take no notice of the fact that they'll have people trying to block them during this supposed free rush at Vick.

Blog Entries

Oh, yeah, tackling Vick when running at him is no problem.

That's the whole point. You have to assure he stays in front of you. Rushing at him gives him the opportunity to avoid that and get outside. Which again is the whole point of "setting the edge."

You want to call me Pees for having the audacity to talk reality to you?

That's fine. I'm going to call you George McClellan. Because you're literally wrong about fucking everything.
    you are just not understanding this at all its still rushing the passer in a containment formation bruh what don't you understand? so you are sending 5 not three, you are pushing the QB up in the pocket and keeping him in, even in that the Ends can still get the sack in B Gap pressure if he break off the block when the QB starts the step up in the pocket...geeezzzzuuuusss

Blog Entries

you are just not understanding this at all its still rushing the passer in a containment formation bruh what don't you understand? so you are sending 5 not three, you are pushing the QB up in the pocket and keeping him in, even in that the Ends can still get the sack in B Gap pressure if he break off the block when the QB starts the step up in the pocket...geeezzzzuuuusss
    Well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe it's a semantics issue.

But having two guys set the edge is not the same as "rushing" the passer with them.

So you're still not blitzing. As you said was necessary.

Blog Entries

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictio...l/contain.aspx you don't have to give me the benefit of anything here is proof for you you see where it says causes pressure in the contain right? (drop mic...moonwalk off stage)

Blog Entries

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictio...l/contain.aspx you don't have to give me the benefit of anything here is proof for you you see where it says causes pressure in the contain right? (drop mic...moonwalk off stage)
    You're right.

I shouldn't have given you the benefit of the doubt Gen. McClellan.

Is this the point where you post a link to something that doesn't prove at all what you're saying it does and claim victory?

Awesome. I love this time.

Hey, I'll just go ahead and prove the sky is green while we're at it.

http://spaceplace.nasa.gov/blue-sky/en/

Did it.

Red means something right. I think I know why it's red. Vick could have a field day tonight if pees doesn't have a plan. Oh hell. good chance Vick still has a great game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    No doubt RWT, sadly, and then all I can imagine after Vick has free reign to extend drives against our Easter Island formations is Pees up in the booth with a Gomer Pyle voice, "goh ollolleee"
    Damn Don you got me LMAO with that one.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I think if Vick is forced to throw 30 + times tonight the Ravens prevail. The Ravens defense will have to shut down Bell for that to happen.