Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alshon Jeffrey

Re: Alshon Jeffrey

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    I was under the impression that the "firesale" was for Defensive players that didn't fit Fangio's scheme.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bear...alshon-jeffery

PLEASE.....PLEASE.....get Alshon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Assuming you can extend him (otherwise I agree, no point renting a guy when you're 0 -3) or franchise him. What is he worth? Seeing how we've never had a young stud I see a 2nd as a no brainer.
    if it was a normal year, yeah. our 2nd rounder would be late 50s. this year it could be in the 30s. you know what you can get in that range?... Alshon Jeffery. drafted 45th overall.

Id consider it, but personally considering the pricetag in the near future hes more of a 3rd for me and even then i still cringe to a degree. hes a 11-12m/year guy and im not sure we have the cap space for it to be realistically anything but a rental because we have some other guys we NEED that we could use that franchise tag on and not eat up 12.8m of cap.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    Well shoot, put me on the Jeffrey train.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Aren't we currently dealing with a bargain buying situation at WR right now though?

Jeffrey + Perriman would a really nice duo. Also, Jeffrey knows Trestman and his offense.

You get what you pay for. You know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's kind of a false dilemma. We can spend money on another receiver this offseason, one who doesn't also cost a 1st round pick. As I said before, trading 1st round picks for players has had far more failures than successes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    That's kind of a false dilemma. We can spend money on another receiver this offseason, one who doesn't also cost a 1st round pick. As I said before, trading 1st round picks for players has had far more failures than successes.
    I agree, but you're assuming Jeffrey would cost a 1st round pick.

I don't think he would cost a 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    unfortunately, out of the two wed probably be in play for Forte more than Jeffery because hell be considerably easier to re-sign and our Forsett scenario seems to be failing. having a running game would impact this offense greater than just spreading Flaccos numbers out to another WR. I dont think were going to get much better by adding jeffery than the 350/2/1 stat line Joes been putting up the last 2 weeks.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Do the Ravens have space to extend him?
    It would be tricky. Unless they offered him top WR money, $10 million a season, why would he sign a deal now? We all saw Torrey Smith get big money coming off a bad season. Jeffery is 25 and played at a very high level the past 2 seasons. He'd be stupid not to hit the market or at least force a team into franchising him. I think anyone who trades from him is taking a chance that he's not there next season. With all that said, I would still offer a 3rd for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    if it was a normal year, yeah. our 2nd rounder would be late 50s. this year it could be in the 30s. you know what you can get in that range?... Alshon Jeffery. drafted 45th overall.
    Well, when we starting scouting and drafting guys like Jeffrey's at 45 than I'll change my mind.

But until then, I'll keep the mind set of paying more for something proven instead on gambling on an unknown, especially when you've never done it successfully before.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Well, when we starting scouting and drafting guys like Jeffrey's at 45 than I'll change my mind.

But until then, I'll keep the mind set of paying more for something proven instead on gambling on an unknown, especially when you've never done it successfully before.
    id hope youre limiting that to only WR in this case, because otherwise that line of thinking is to a tee what the Redskins/Raiders have always been about and you know how well that worked out.

say what you want about torrey, but taking a late 2nd rounder and having him churn out 3600 yards and 30 TDs isnt never, imo.
    -JAB

id absolutely get AJ. we cant stop anyone on D so at least lets try to outscore the other team. it could work

Blog Entries

Question: if you trade for Jeffrey and he walks, are we still able to get a compensation pick in the draft if he walks?

Baseball doesn't let you give a qualifying offer to a player you traded for. But that's a different sport.

Ozzie has done stuff like this mid-season before -- trading for Eugene Monroe. And the Angelo regime is gone in Chicago. Without an extension, I would give up a 4th for him, betting I could get it back in a comp pick if he walks (and the rules allow it).

I'd trade for him NOW! This cat can BALL when he's healthy, he'd be that true number wide receiver we've been coveting for years. Then you don't have to get a receiver early in next year's draft, you can simply get a DE/OLB in round one, then a corner, then another receiver in the 4th round. They traded for Monroe and negotiated an extension early in the season a few years back, they should try that again.