Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: I Am Just Not Feeling It This Time Around

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I'm definitely watching the game, but I feel a sense of dread, that one of the two following things will happen, making the experience of watching the game basically suck:

(1) We get blown out and embarrassed by our hated rival, or

(2) We play a competitive game, where in the first three quarters the defense hangs in there while the offense predictably struggles to get its head out of its collective hindquarters, yet the score is close. Then in the 4th quarter the offense predictably wakes up, predictably gains a small lead, and the defense predictably collapses, predictably leaving very little time on the clock, Joe predictably throws a would-be TD pass only to have a receiver predictably drop it, and then on the next play Joe predictably overlooks an open receiver and instead predictably throws an interception to seal the game.

I don't want to see that damn script unfold again. How many times have we seen that? I can't take it any more.
    I hate to say it but I started feeling this way today too. Crockett being out doesn't help. Blaaaaah. At least Steelers husband will be getting home late from an out of town work trip

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    I hate to say it but I started feeling this way today too. Crockett being out doesn't help. Blaaaaah. At least Steelers husband will be getting home late from an out of town work trip
    If you guys can pull it out that first win could be very sweet in Pittsburgh.

GO RAVENS!!!!!
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    If you guys can pull it out that first win could be very sweet in Pittsburgh.

GO RAVENS!!!!!
    Thanks dude. You're da bomb

I think I will be more disappointed in a Steelers loss than I would be excited for a Steelers win. Weird. Either way about "4" on a scale of 1-10 on the football emotional scale at most either way. Maybe a few beers and some exciting plays could elevate that, but when the mud settles I am going to predict my "4" at best.