Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco is to blame for this team, but not for the obvious reason.

Joe Flacco has put the team in position to win every game...game one had some touch catches dropped and the next 2, his team had the lead with under 3 minutes to go only to have the defense think it's throwback to the 1996 Ravens time and blow leads...and today they did it twice in under 5 minutes.

He's not the problem.

The problem is that our coordinators aren't very good, the GM has invested most of our best picks on defense (and had too many of those high picks disappoint), and we are hamstrung in UFA because we are paying the price for some really unlucky contracts that have resulted in $27+ million in cap space that we can't use because it's being taken up by players that we all knew would never play a down here again.

I shudder to think of what we will be able to do at WR after this year if Senior follows through with his retirement.

Look at all the 1st and 2nd round picks Ozzie has used on defense over the last 5 years.

2010 Sergio Kindle/Terrence Cody. FAIL
    2011 Jimmy Smith. Good, but hasn't been that shut down guy we expected yet.
    2012 Courtney Upshaw. Blah...just a replacement level player.
    2013 Matt Elam/Arthur Brown. I don't think it's possible to have had 2 worst first 2 picks than we had that year. FAIL
    2014 CJ Mosely/Timmy Jernigan. Good picks although I'd like to see more from Jernigan.

That's 8 defensive picks in the last 6 years and he's whiffed or made a "blah" pick on 5 out of the 8. I hate playing devils advocate, but it looks really bad when you look back at the offensive skill talent he's left on the board for some of those players.

We are in this position because of a bad cap situation, drafting late virtually every year and struggling to invest in top skill position talent.

Hell, other than Jimmy, we haven't taken a corner in the top 3 rounds since Webbie even.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    Been trumpeting this for the last four years. It's made me unpopular but who cares, it's the freakin' truth. You can put perfume on it, paint it, and put lipstick on it , but giving up 11% of cap space to one player out of 53 is a sucked up way to do business and it's a a recipe for disaster.
    Half the league (16 teams) has quarterbacks taking up 10% or more of the cap space. I'll bet most of those teams don't think it's a sucked up way to do business. Many of those teams are Super Bowl contenders year after year. Flacco's cap hit is only 23rd in the league.

Quarterbacks with bigger cap hits than Flacco

Brees $26.4M
    Rivers $21.2M
    Ryan $19.5M
    Rodgers $18.3M
    Stafford $17.7M
    PManning $17.5M
    Roethlisberger $17.2M
    Cutler $16.5M
    Smith $15.6M
    Kaepernick 15.3M
    Romo $15.0M
    Flacco $14.6M
    EManning $14.5M
    Brady $14.0M
    Newton $13.0M
    Bradford $13.0M

By the way, AJ Green ($14.8M) has a bigger cap hit than Flacco. I’ll bet the Bengals think it’s worth it. Disaster, my ass.

Our lack of cap space is due to having a TE who got a big contract with a bum hip and will never play again, a RB who decided to slug his wife in an elevator, a DT that is in Detroit, and a KR who is in San Diego. We also have a slot corner with a body that's falling apart incredibly overpaid.

Joe isn't anywhere near the reason for our cap space issues.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Our lack of cap space is due to having a TE who got a big contract with a bum hip and will never play again, a RB who decided to slug his wife in an elevator, a DT that is in Detroit, and a KR who is in San Diego. We also have a slot corner with a body that's falling apart incredibly overpaid.
    You got that right. Those five unnamed players are taking around $34M of the cap space. That means the Ravens have to rely on young, cheap players, which also means there is little room for error in hitting on draft picks and 2nd tier free agents.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    If you were to gauge the starting QB's overall responsibility for a team's success, what percentage would it be? It's way more than 11%, that's for sure.
    Were that true, there would be no excuses about O line, separation by receivers blah blah blah and besides, by your logic, the QB os also responsible for 11% of the offense's failures. Are you sure you want to make that statement.

Blog Entries

The agenda is the truth. Nothing more nothing less. When the opposition scores 19 points in today's offensive NFL, your 120 million dollar QB should get you 20 points. When the opposition scores 37 points, your 120 million dollar QB should get you 38 points. When the opposition scores 28 points, your 120 million dollar QB should get you 29 points. If that's not happening, you've got an average to above average QB playing with an elite QB paycheck. And that is a long term team killer. Most don't want to see the truth, but there, I just laid it out for you pure and simple.
    How about when they score 21, your QB scores 24, and then the defense let's them score 28?

Or how about when they score 30 and your QB scores 33, and the defense let's them score 37 with 26 seconds left on the clock?

How about living in reality?

What you've laid out is an absurd scenario that makes you look silly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    But keep posting, most see your agenda.
    I wouldn't see it at all if yinz didn't keep quoting him. Though even then I'd strongly suspect it's some of the same drivel that earned him a squat in Loba's Ignoratory not long after he showed up.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

This is a team full of problems right now but Joe is the last of their problems, the problems starts with the FO, HC, DC, OC then players in that order.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Half the league (16 teams) has quarterbacks taking up 10% or more of the cap space. I'll bet most of those teams don't think it's a sucked up way to do business. Many of those teams are Super Bowl contenders year after year. Flacco's cap hit is only 23rd in the league.

Quarterbacks with bigger cap hits than Flacco

Brees $26.4M
    Rivers $21.2M
    Ryan $19.5M
    Rodgers $18.3M
    Stafford $17.7M
    PManning $17.5M
    Roethlisberger $17.2M
    Cutler $16.5M
    Smith $15.6M
    Kaepernick 15.3M
    Romo $15.0M
    Flacco $14.6M
    EManning $14.5M
    Brady $14.0M
    Newton $13.0M
    Bradford $13.0M

By the way, AJ Green ($14.8M) has a bigger cap hit than Flacco. I’ll bet the Bengals think it’s worth it. Disaster, my ass.
    And how many of these QB's are helping or hurting their teams. Do the math then get back to me.

Blog Entries

And how many of these QB's are helping or hurting their teams. Do the math then get back to me.
    Many.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    This is a team full of problems right now but Joe is the last of their problems, the problems starts with the FO, HC, DC, OC then players in that order.
    Personally, I'd reverse that order starting with the OC, DC, and HC. Refuse to put the players and FO in this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    How about when they score 21, your QB scores 24, and then the defense let's them score 28?

Or how about when they score 30 and your QB scores 33, and the defense let's them score 37 with 26 seconds left on the clock?

How about living in reality?

What you've laid out is an absurd scenario that makes you look silly.
    Have you ever heard of controlling the clock giving your defense a break and outscoring the opposition with your elite salaried QB? Where have you been?