Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So many people harping on offense, when IMO the defense is the biggest problem

I don't disagree with the fact that the defense is a bigger problem right now, but I WOULD strongly disagree with the idea that the offense has more talent than the defense. Simply not true. That makes it all the more troubling IMO.

Blog Entries

Re: So many people harping on offense, when IMO the defense is the biggest problem

The Jets dismantling the Colts is why having more than one really good corner is such a luxury. They can leave Revis and Cromartie on islands and do some unique things with the front 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

And btw - the reason so many are harping on receivers is because for two weeks in a row we had a receiver with an opportunity to make a play in the end zone and they couldn't do it.

That's a big deal.

Blog Entries

Without Suggs the problem is how to apply pressure. Babbin will help but there's not much pass rush behind that outside of sending extra guys.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Tyler Eifert is going to kill them. And Marvin Jones will pick up the scraps against whoever lines up opposite Jimmy Smith.
    The Ravens defense tend to handle tight ends quite well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Without Suggs the problem is how to apply pressure. Babbin will help but there's not much pass rush behind that outside of sending extra guys.

We miss Suggs and McPhee.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    We miss Suggs and McPhee.
    Definitely.

Blog Entries

Watching Upshaw trying to rush the passer is just sad. Some guys just don't have those kind of skills. Hopefully Babbin can help. I did see a lot of Jets games last year and forgot he was even on that team. He wasn't very impressive.

they certainly will if the Ravens play that prevent zone again... last two minutes, like clockwork
    Every game we lose ....This is the same format. Joe gives us the lead with 2 minutes. Defense goes into turtle mode and plays prevent, opposing team goes up by 4....(and then Flacco hits a WR in the hands...and its dropped. *overstatement acknowledged ) Then we lose

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Watching Upshaw trying to rush the passer is just sad. Some guys just don't have those kind of skills. Hopefully Babbin can help. I did see a lot of Jets games last year and forgot he was even on that team. He wasn't very impressive.
    Upshaw is such a disappointment. Hasn't improved a whit since he got here. Can't spend 2nd round picks on an OLB whose only trait is setting an edge.

JJ was a 4th rounder and he was far better rushing and dropping in his prime than Upshaw.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Upshaw is such a disappointment. Hasn't improved a whit since he got here. Can't spend 2nd round picks on an OLB whose only trait is setting an edge.

JJ was a 4th rounder and he was far better rushing and dropping in his prime than Upshaw.
    At the time most put Upshaw as a late 1st rounder. I don't think he went in a bad spot but I completely agree that he didn't turn out the way everyone thought he would. Jaret Johnson had 5 and 6 sack years. Upshaw won't sniff that

If Upshaw dropped some weight I wonder if it would help his game. His biggest deficiency is lack of quickness.