Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Does Ozzie get some blame?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    you remember when our coaching staff used to be deep too?
    That's a Harbaugh thing. Our OC's do seem to get picked up, but with Kubiack that was mostly due to his friendship with Elway. Caldwell must have had an amazing Rooney Rule interview, because he showed nothing in his year here. Our defensive coaches are terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I've quietly and internally hated Ozzie the last couple years, specifically since Flacco's arrival.

I'm tired of drafting Kindles, Codys, Art Browns in the 2nd round. Wake up Oz it's not working. But what's more frustrating is that he's not playing his odds. As many posters have pointed out Green Bay, Pittsburgh...they draft offense in the top 3 every year. It simply increases your odds of finding a gem.

Listen I love Art, Krugger, McPhee when they were here...but we don't even retain those guys. Sometimes we may only get 1 fucking year of starter level production and then they're gone.

That's just not okay. The last two years of drafting have been promising though so maybe this 0-2 start is part of the growing pains a young team will have. If that's the case...fine. If it's not...?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Exactly. Pittsburgh and GB get guys like Jordy Nelson, Devante Adams, Randall Cobb, Marcus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant--playmakers in rounds 2014, while we get more defensive line run stoppers year after year after year. This team needs to bring in a consultant to help they get playmakers on offense or something, because the days of shopping at Dollar Tree for weapons are coming to an end.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Exactly. Pittsburgh and GB get guys like Jordy Nelson, Devante Adams, Randall Cobb, Marcus Wheaton, Martavis Bryant--playmakers in rounds 2014, while we get more defensive line run stoppers year after year after year. This team needs to bring in a consultant to help they get playmakers on offense or something, because the days of shopping at Dollar Tree for weapons are coming to an end.
    The funniest thing is that....our D can't stop shit anyway. Maybe Pitt is a little ambitious fielding that defense...but if your offense can legitimately score 40+ points a game....

I just don't understand the reasoning behind signing guys like Michael Huff, or that Dallas guy can't remember his name. Like whyyyyyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    The funniest thing is that....our D can't stop shit anyway. Maybe Pitt is a little ambitious fielding that defense...but if your offense can legitimately score 40+ points a game....

I just don't understand the reasoning behind signing guys like Michael Huff, or that Dallas guy can't remember his name. Like whyyyyyyyyy

Pittsburgh has basically said "Fuck defense, let's score 35-40 points a game!" They've drafted pass rushers and coverage linebackers in round one, and then playmakers in the middle rounds. Their scouting department is incredible with wideouts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Fuck yea he does! 36yr old as the number one receiver?? There stevie johnson, maclin, jones, jennings, crabtree, they had a shot at woodhead a season before, we have no pass rush yet again, we have a hurt Oline, paying webb all this money and he's done, not evolving his philosophy Ozzie need to get his shit handed to him for what we are seeing and will become this season.
    Exactly! SSR is a great competitor but when your number 1 receiver is 36 years old then there is a problem. Ozzie let Torrey Smith and Boldin go to the 49ers and with Pitta out the receiving corps is suspect. If Aiken does not fumble against the Raiders the game may have been very different. Ozzie seems to be more focused on defense in the era where passing is king in the NFL.

Get some freaking guys who are healthy, can run, and can catch. I am tired of fade patterns to a 5'9" 36 year old receiver where the ball either goes over his head or is unable to make the catch. SSR is great but is no longer a number 1 receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    James Jones was available as a free agent but did not even get a sniff from the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    James Jones was available as a free agent but did not even get a sniff from the Ravens.
    James Jones
    Stevie Johnson
    Michael Crabtree

Could have traded for:
    Mike Wallace (well, maybe not with that salary, but I digress)
    Greg Jennings
    Pierre Garcon

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think Ozzie does deserve some of the blame. Yesterday's offensive performance not-withstanding, having a franchise QB is not a given in the NFL. The Ravens have one of those guys, but they don't seem to think that surrounding him with quality offensive weapons is a priority. The Ravens have a 36 year old WR as the primary offensive weapon on this team. The rest of the WRs are just guys. They are a collection of UDFAs or low round draft picks that haven't proven anything in the league. I hope Perriman works out, but he is still an unknown. Flacco is in the prime of his career. He should have way better weapons to work with than he does. If Ozzie is not responsible for that, then who is?

How is drafting a receiver in the first round then trading up in the second round for the suppose best tightend in this year draft is saying Ozzie doesn't think surrounding Joe Flacco with quality offensive weapons is a priority?. For undrafted rookie I thought Aiken played quite well after his fumble and there were moments when Flacco passes just was off leaving his undrafted receivers hanging.

I don't think Ozzie expected for Perriman to get hurt and I don't know what Ozzie could have done better to make sure Flacco was good receiver wise.

Our defense is ok. It needs a leader to step up. The Ravens kept the last drive by the Raiders alive, TWICE, by doing un-needed penalties. Clean those up and The Ravens will be better.

Offense looks a tad hit or miss under Tressman. ?It seems like the playcallign is a tad schitzo. Habvent seen much rhythem for Flacco or Forsett.

It's not all his fault, but to answer the OP, YES, Ozzie gets some blame for this too. We have a few holes in the roster.

You try to build depth all arond and WR is most obviously deficient. I understand that you can't predict injuries, but relying entirely on a rookie and 36 year old was a recipe for disaster. We appear quite thin there. REALLY hoping Perriman is all he's advertised to be once he's healthy.

And I thought I was pissed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    add stevie Johnson, maclin, woodhead the season before was a free agent, greg jennings though not a bruner but would still bring some stability to the receiving corp.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    How is drafting a receiver in the first round then trading up in the second round for the suppose best tightend in this year draft is saying Ozzie doesn't think surrounding Joe Flacco with quality offensive weapons is a priority?. For undrafted rookie I thought Aiken played quite well after his fumble and there were moments when Flacco passes just was off leaving his undrafted receivers hanging.

I don't think Ozzie expected for Perriman to get hurt and I don't know what Ozzie could have done better to make sure Flacco was good receiver wise.
    Ozzie addressed it this year but right now neither of those guys can be counted on. The point is it was ignored the previous 4 years or so resulting in the lack of depth of WR. I think Oz T ird to make it right but Perriman's injury highlighted the need. Pitt & GB has both lost starting WR's to start and have not missed a beat so far because they have other talented receivers on the team.
    "A pessimist sees the difficult in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty." – Winston Churchill