Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

The Wembley game experience

Pregame jersey spinning.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...g?t=1193652620

Dolphins open with an impressive drive and a missed FG for their efforts.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...g?t=1193652024

The Wembley arch at night.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...g?t=1193652804

My experience

Getting to and from the game was much easier than the old Wembley.

Outside the stadium we were met with concrete,a tent selling Miami & New York international merchandise and another tent selling programmes.That was it.

Sadly I could not wait outside for the rest of the UKRavens for a meet up,as the wife and I was getting soaked my the usual wet weather.And there was nowhere dry to take shelter.

I thought we could get inside and into the dry and meet them.Wrong,you go in and are ushered onto the escalators upto level 7.And there is no way down.So if you are wanting to meet someone inside and they are in a different level you are screwed.

Inside is grey and uninviting,a shop is selling even less merchandise than outside.The food is tasteless and expensive,£7.50 for one box of fish and chips,that's around $15's.

The toilets are great.

However all that was wiped away as you walked into the stadium itself,it took your breath away the first time in.However the big screen was too small to read from the other end of the stadium.On the whole an amazing view and feel,the sound carries so well.90,000 Raven fans roaring would make Big Ben chime with the vibration.

The atmosphere was better than expected when it is filled with neutral fans,
    and people just going to this sort of event for the first time.Thankfully there was a large amount of Dolphin fans,and it did start to feel like a home game for them as the game went on.[The Brits love an underdog!].

The field.The players complained it got churned up too easy,and the grass was too short and thin,which is good for soccer but not football.So you had a skating rink once it got wet.So the passing game was ineffective.

The game itself turned into a muddy grind it out running attack,due to the field and the rain. The Dolphins are a god awful team,but battled well,and the crowd support probably lifted them up.The Giants played down to the Dolphins level,due to Eli's poor passes,and WR's running poor patterns on the slippery surface.The game probably didn't come over very well on TV. But at the stadium,with the atmosphere and just being there, the play was a minor letdown.

On the whole the wife and I enjoyed this historic event.And thought it was well worth the money and trouble we went through getting the tickets.It was sad that 9000 seats were empty but I am told this is due to coporate types and ticket scalpers.

Now just bring me the Ravens,and 90,000 Raven fans in Wembley,and I would be in heaven.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Re: The Wembley game experience

Why did they pay for a roof? We need an inquiry on the one!
    Totally spoiled the game, both on and off the field!

The roof was never intended to cover the entire field. But it had to cover all of the seats so they could meet all the required specifications to host a Champions League final.

I think I've heard that before - it's still Bollocks!

TD - Japan or Oz?

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    I think I've heard that before - it's still Bollocks!

TD - Japan or Oz?
    I don't think National Express coaches go that far? And if they did.I hate to think what the coach toilet would smell like by the time we got there.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

If it is in Germany - Tania does speak German!!!!

The game itself wasn't great but it was great to meet up with people before hand. I'd never met any of the guys in person.

The stadium was very impressive and our view was fantastic.

Looking forward now to either a Ravens game over here or saving up enough to go out there in a few years.

Was it on Tim's camera that the UKRavens+my missus picture was taken?