Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Brandon Williams should get an extension after the season

He's the gem of the Ravens 2013 draft class and one of the big steals of the draft class as a whole.

He played at a Pro Bowl level last year and would've made it if people knew who he was. This year he's going to be a household name now that Ngata's in Detroit and he's the leader on the Defensive line.

He's one of the core members of the new Ravens defense, and it he's entering the prime of his career. The Ravens should get him a new deal before he enters free agency, if possible.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Re: Brandon Williams should get an extension after the season

Yeah, he's awesome. A great get.

If we can get him & Jernigan & Carl Davis on the field at the same time, that's a great 3-4 line.

Blog Entries

My trigger finger wouldn't be a twitchy on extending him so soon, but there's little doubt that he is one of the young pieces that will carry this defense into the future. Brandon Williams, Timmy Jernigan, CJ Mosely, Jimmy Smith. This defense is loaded with young talent.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yeah, he's awesome. A great get.

If we can get him & Jernigan & Carl Davis on the field at the same time, that's a great 3-4 line.
    Thoes three on the field? Every QBs nightmare. If I'm Derek Carr, I'd break my thumb myself to avoid that if Jernigan is ready for Sunday.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

I'd love to see it happen but Ozzie doesn't do a lot of deals early. If there is cap space I'm sure it will be considered

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    My trigger finger wouldn't be a twitchy on extending him so soon, but there's little doubt that he is one of the young pieces that will carry this defense into the future. Brandon Williams, Timmy Jernigan, CJ Mosely, Jimmy Smith. This defense is loaded with young talent.
    The Ravens have a lot problem, in the best sense of the word. They are going to have to pick from among those players, but they will not get to keep them all. Who they keep will probably depend on the next few drafts. They will be hard pressed to keep two of their three interior linemen to long-term deals. They all look to be potential game wreckers who will command top dollar. Mosley, I will assume they will keep no matter what.

Ozzie said he wants to build the Defense from the inside out and with the success of BWill, Mosley and Hill he's done just that. I think he'll try his damndest to keep them together.

There's no incentive to extend him (or anyone on their rookie deal) in the cap era. Ozzie will make it work. I'm not worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Ozzie said he wants to build the Defense from the inside out and with the success of BWill, Mosley and Hill he's done just that. I think he'll try his damndest to keep them together.
    :word

Ironically, this is highly likely courtesy of Elam and ABrown being so awful.
    And absent any great slump, I'd throw Timmy in the mix too.

Man...2016 would be a great time to land a gem of a CB.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

With Suggs, Doom, Webb, cap increases and Joe restructuring at some point, I would guess they would have the money to keep Mosely, Jurnigan and Williams if they so wanted to. If Carl Davis continues to develop also then that just gives Ozzie additional options. My guess is Davis could become like Bart Scott or Grubbs, a very good guy you want to keep but have to let go if we kept the other three (Jenigan, BWill, and Mosely)

Ozzie does not waste much in FA so that helps tremendously in having money to keep guys in house. Anyway, its a great stable of young talent and bodes well for our future.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

BWill is a beast. I would hope he stays a Raven for a while. BWill, Jernigan, Davis, with quality back ups in Guy and Canty.

With the current players under contract this D should be back on the rise for a few years and maybe longer if they can retain BWill, Jernigan gets healthy with the addition of Davis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    There's no incentive to extend him (or anyone on their rookie deal) in the cap era. Ozzie will make it work. I'm not worried.
    +1, he's signed through next season so unless there is a cap friendly reason, I don't know why they would. That's the beauty of hitting good picks in the draft. Sure we risk them being overpaid down the road but let some other team do that.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!