Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Confused

Blog Entries

Confused

Can anyone explain to me how is it possible for an all-pro TE can be so wide open down the seam? It happened in the Ravens playoff game and again last night. In both cases Gronk didn't have a defender near him for 15-20 yds. What a coincidence!

Re: Confused

Bad secondary play?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
    Can anyone explain to me how is it possible for an all-pro TE can be so wide open down the seam? It happened in the Ravens playoff game and again last night. In both cases Gronk didn't have a defender near him for 15-20 yds. What a coincidence!
    It's called blown coverage and missed assignment.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    It's called blown coverage and missed assignment.
    I get that, but if I'm a player on the opposing defense, and I know for sure (since we've gameplanned for him all offseason) that he is THE ONE guy who we can't let beat us, and I see him uncovered, can't I at least call a time out? If not, it doesn't matter what my assignment is on the play, I'm leaving it to get a body on possibly the most dangerous weapon in the league. They were truly inept last night.

Blog Entries

The Steelers defense also had 10 men on the field at one point. The coaching for that defense was very poor

One thing is for sure, the no huddle offense gives the Steelers as much trouble as the Philadelphia preseason game did for the Ravens. Lots of poor secondary play last night for the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I get that, but if I'm a player on the opposing defense, and I know for sure (since we've gameplanned for him all offseason) that he is THE ONE guy who we can't let beat us, and I see him uncovered, can't I at least call a time out? If not, it doesn't matter what my assignment is on the play, I'm leaving it to get a body on possibly the most dangerous weapon in the league. They were truly inept last night.
    Which is different than what happened to the Ravens in the playoff game.
    Deception was what happened in the drive where their TE (not named Gronk) was wide open due to those formations and substitutions, along with the flag thrown on Harbs for arguing with the ref. Those 3 passes resulted in over 30 yards, 3 first downs, AND then a flag against Harbs to get the Pats back into the game when they were down by 14 in the 2nd half.

Gronk was wearing a cloak of invisibility, got it from the Harry Potter movie, LOL.

Sometimes shit happens, and gronk is full of shit. Can't deny his ability, can't deny the steelers screwed up. Put the 2 together and the pats get a great result. Won't be the last time it happens. If tb or gronk get hurt, that shit stops.

Blog Entries

Head set problems, blown coverage, 10 men on the field, all-pro TE WIDE OPEN--this is pro football isn't it? I'm still confused. I guess I don't know as much about football as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Sure you can call a timeout but like you said....that defense last night was inept.

If you're inept enough to the point that you have that type of blown coverage then you don't even recognize it to call a timeout.
    Couple that with Brady running hurry up stuff and being smart and quick enough to recognize they're confused and BOOM!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

The defense looked confused all night. But they didn't cover Gronk three times. Three.

That's inexcusable. Their new DC should get the business today.

Lol, I was thinking the same thing. How could Gronk just move around at will like that? I hope we don't do that again if we play New England in the P/Os.