Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Season Predictions: Baltimore Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    1. He can actually get on the field.
    2. He'll play exclusively in the slot
    3. His chemistry with Flacco will not be difficult to rekindle.
    4. He can make the tough catches
    5. Campanaro cannot stay healthy
    6. Even though Boldin will be up in age, he won't have any less athleticism than Marlon Brown
    7. I don't see the difference between Boldin and a veteran in his early 30s as you suggest, when both will likely be asked to fulfill the same role behind Perriman and whomever occupies the x spot.
    A veteran in his early 30s isn't as close to the end as a 36 year old Boldin is. Remember, we want the Ravens to surround Joe with young talent, not give him aging receivers. Now if you can dunk him in the fountain of youth and give us a version of him that's 10 years younger I'm in. But seeing as there isn't one, just draft a receiver in the 3rd-4th, sign a younger vet, and head into 2016 with that.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Then by those standards, he'd likely be promoted to a head coaching position with another team right?
    I mean, considering the field, it probably more than qualifies him for President of the Universe, never mind the United States... :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    A veteran in his early 30s isn't as close to the end as a 36 year old Boldin is. Remember, we want the Ravens to surround Joe with young talent, not give him aging receivers. Now if you can dunk him in the fountain of youth and give us a version of him that's 10 years younger I'm in. But seeing as there isn't one, just draft a receiver in the 3rd-4th, sign a younger vet, and head into 2016 with that.
    Anquan Boldin has not aged the way other WRs do, because speed-style athleticism has never been a part of his game. In a pure slot role, he's still got a couple of years left.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Anquan Boldin has not aged the way other WRs do, because speed-style athleticism has never been a part of his game. In a pure slot role, he's still got a couple of years left.
    Really? You're telling me that putting an aged wideout in a position where he'll take tons of hits is something that's going to extend his career?
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He's going to be our version of Dick LeBeau and coach well into his 90s

Blog Entries

Really? You're telling me that putting an aged wideout in a position where he'll take tons of hits is something that's going to extend his career?
    I mean that the dropout in Boldin's abilities will not be as steep as most WRs, because of his skillset and style of play. Boldin looked 35 at 25. There hasn't been much of a difference outside of the amount of tackles broken.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Prediction: The Ravens defense will be top five in sacks, rushing yards allowed, red zone defense and points allowed, and the team wins 10+ games. Fans still call for Pees to be fired, as he continues to commit the unforgivable sin of not being Rex Ryan or Chuck Pagano.
    Joe Flacco

I mean that the dropout in Boldin's abilities will not be as steep as most WRs, because of his skillset and style of play. Boldin looked 35 at 25. There hasn't been much of a difference outside of the amount of tackles broken.
    I was referring to the fact that slot receivers have a tendency to get hurt.
    Joe Flacco

1) Most fans who predicted doom and gloom will find a way to rationalize why they were correct.
    2) Most fans who predicted sunshine, unicorns and rainbows will also find a way to rationalize why they were correct.
    3) We will be pleasantly surprised by our secondary.
    4) The Oakland game will be tougher than we thought.
    5) 10-6 and we get in as a wild card. (I wanted to say we win the division, but I am thinking Bengals).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post

I HOPE we don't miss Anquan Boldin (or his 2012 equivalent) THIS season. It would be great to see Dennis Pitta playing effectively THIS season. Both were HUGE in SB XLVII.

Predictions:
    - We surrender under 300 points this season (for the first time in four years).
    - An 11-5 record for division title.
    - During playoffs, we eliminate Indy on THEIR field (first win there).

Blog Entries

Boldin will be 36 in October 2016. Why should the Ravens sign him, assuming that he doesn't retire? I'd rather them go in to 2016 with Perriman, a 3rd-4th round WR, Aiken, Waller, Camp, and maybe a vet WR in his early 30s.
    I complete agree. Boudin also has a lot of hatred for this organization. Unless they overpaid him he wouldn't come here and there is no way Boldin should be overpaid at 36