Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Clarence Moore Released

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

No Moore Clarence (Finally)

From Scout.com and Aaron Wilson:

OWINGS MILLS -- The Baltimore Ravens cut imposing wide receiver Clarence Moore on Saturday, parting ways with a former sixth-round draft pick who was inactive for three of the first five games. Linebacker Dennis Haley was immediately promoted from the practice squad to take Moore's place on the active roster
    Looks like this team is commited to solving the problems, now just start MA tommorow and we will be set.

Im stoked for some more PT for Demetrius Williams.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Re: No Moore Clarence (Finally)

Moore deserved it. He alligator armed his way out of here. The INT in the end zone at the end of the half vs. Denver was as much his fault as it was McNair's. He has six inches on Bailey, and could have cut right in front of him. Instead he let Bailey get position (on an underthrown ball) and didn't put up any sort of fight for the ball.

Too bad. The guy has great tools. He just can't get it done cause he lacks the heart. Hopefully he can pull it together somewhere else cause he could definitely be serviceable or better.

- C -

Re: Clarence Moore Released

How long before the Vikings call?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    How long before the Vikings call?
    Or the Browns!

About time!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

You beat me by a minute Tony!

Whats cool is on this board threads can be merged.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I never cheer when a Raven fails and gets cut, but this is a positive in that our FO and Billick have learned to call a mistake a mistake and move on. When's the last time we gave up on a guy and cut him? I can't recall us ever cutting a guy midseason for non-performance and I think this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I never cheer when a Raven fails and gets cut, but this is a positive in that our FO and Billick have learned to call a mistake a mistake and move on. When's the last time we gave up on a guy and cut him? I can't recall us ever cutting a guy midseason for non-performance and I think this is a good thing.
    Actually, we released Terry Jones during the season last year. He kind of fell down the depth chart due to Daniel Wilcox being a good receiver

Let us wish Clarence well in his life endeavors and turn our attention to the job at hand. Onward and forward.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

I don't think it was he didn't have the heart, it was more like he didn't have the aggressiveness & meanness to succeed at his position. Good luck to Clarence as he moves on, a too nice guy.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I liked him and I think if that throw would have been a bit higher, he would have caught it....Not taking anything away from McNair, but Boller makes that throw.. Boller has a very nice angle on that fade jump ball.
    I don't think him not catching that ball is entirely why he's gone.

Him letting Champ Bailey catch the ball like he was actually the intended receiver is why I think he's gone.

The play call in itself was pretty stupid IMO to begin with since it's the only play Moore sees the field to begin with, but that's another discussion.

The fact that he did absolutely nothing to try and prevent the INT. or fight for the ball is why he's gone.

You simply cannot let that be an INT. and loose the minimum 3 point field goal in that situation.

Either catch the ball, knock it out of the way or commit offensive pass interference.
    Anything to preserve possession!!

He did nothing but jump up and hope the ball was going to be there.

If he hasn't gotten down the fundamentals of playing the receiver position in the only situation he is called upon to perform, then he never will.:hammer:

Don't know anything about the Haley kid, but linebacker is not as big of need as other poisitions are right now regarding depth.

I can only assume and hope that he's a special teams guy that's being brought in to fill in for an ailing Corey Ivy and Gary Stills.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 10-14-2006 at 11:51 PM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

But why do we need another LB?