Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Clarence Moore Released

Let us wish Clarence well in his life endeavors and turn our attention to the job at hand. Onward and forward.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

I don't think it was he didn't have the heart, it was more like he didn't have the aggressiveness & meanness to succeed at his position. Good luck to Clarence as he moves on, a too nice guy.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I liked him and I think if that throw would have been a bit higher, he would have caught it....Not taking anything away from McNair, but Boller makes that throw.. Boller has a very nice angle on that fade jump ball.
    I don't think him not catching that ball is entirely why he's gone.

Him letting Champ Bailey catch the ball like he was actually the intended receiver is why I think he's gone.

The play call in itself was pretty stupid IMO to begin with since it's the only play Moore sees the field to begin with, but that's another discussion.

The fact that he did absolutely nothing to try and prevent the INT. or fight for the ball is why he's gone.

You simply cannot let that be an INT. and loose the minimum 3 point field goal in that situation.

Either catch the ball, knock it out of the way or commit offensive pass interference.
    Anything to preserve possession!!

He did nothing but jump up and hope the ball was going to be there.

If he hasn't gotten down the fundamentals of playing the receiver position in the only situation he is called upon to perform, then he never will.:hammer:

Don't know anything about the Haley kid, but linebacker is not as big of need as other poisitions are right now regarding depth.

I can only assume and hope that he's a special teams guy that's being brought in to fill in for an ailing Corey Ivy and Gary Stills.
    Last edited by The Fanatic; 10-14-2006 at 11:51 PM.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

yeah he should have tried harder to knock it down, but if this ball is thrown properly even champ bailey has no chance........

Either catch the ball, knock it out of the way or commit offensive pass interference.
    Anything to preserve possession!!
    Rack Fanatic! Hell, even when we were kids playing sandlot ball...when a defender got in front of us and we saw that the pass was short, we jumped up and bear hugged the defender, pinning his arms to his side so he couldn't catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    yeah he should have tried harder to knock it down, but if this ball is thrown properly even champ bailey has no chance........
    However,the ball wasn't thrown properly, therefore he had no chance at it. All he did was jump up behind Bailey. Made a half hearted attempt at that. I agree, the main culprit here was the play call itself, along with McNair not even looking anywhere else....where was Heap? Mason or #89?

McNair took three steps back and launched the ball in Moores general direction.

Moore had no balls to start with, and his off season surgery to have a pair attached was obviously a failure.
    we aren't just loyal, we are obsessed. and we are violently so. we are baltimore, and we are the epitome of dysfunctionality.

The positive is that Moore is still young enough to return to college and choose another profession. I wish Moore the best, but he just does not have it for NFL football. Now, he could always go CFL.

As for where we go, I am excited that this means more playing time for Demetrius, but could this mean that another WR is coming in to take the 4th slot? (Charles Rogers? Randy Moss? *nah on Moss*)
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Hope not to start a conspiracy theory -- but this is so unlike Billick and the coaching staff based on the last couple of years of behavior.

Wonder if Bisciotti got involved in any way?

Aaron this is where you can help us out!!

Blog Entries

I can't help but feel a little sorry for the guy. He was supposed to be the next great thing at WR. But then I remember how he played...hope some CFL team takes a look at you Clarence!

The only issue I have with this move is promoting a LB to take his spot. Granted, we had inactive WRs, but I get the feeling the active spot will be filled by Haley, and not the man who SHOULD be active...Dan Cody!

As for signing a WR, I'd say we'll either grab Travis LaTenderesse and stash him on the P Sq, or go for a WR recently cut in the 53 man cutdown. Charles Rogers is a remote possibility.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    How long before the Vikings call?
    Or the Browns!

About time!
    I BLEED RAVEN PURPLE!!!

Wait.....Did Aaron call Clarance Moore "imposing"??????