Blog Entries

Shawn Oakman - Good Article on Him

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Glad to see him succeed. The article says he could be the #1 overall pick next year in the draft. I suppose that is possible, but I doubt it.

Still, there are going to be a ton of teams absolutely enamored with a defensive end that is 6'9" 280lbs, 6% bodyfat, and can run a 4.7-4.8 40-yard dash.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Shawn Oakman - Good Article on Him

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...aign=editorial

Glad to see him succeed. The article says he could be the #1 overall pick next year in the draft. I suppose that is possible, but I doubt it.

Still, there are going to be a ton of teams absolutely enamored with a defensive end that is 6'9" 280lbs, 6% bodyfat, and can run a 4.7-4.8 40-yard dash.
    He's an absolute freak.

I don't think he's going number 1 either, but those workout numbers are going to be incredible.

Did you see those Meme's and twitter photos that came out during/after the Cotton Bowl showing him and the other players at the coin toss? Some of them were hilarious.

http://nowaygirl.com/memes/funniest-shawn-oakman-memes/
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He's an absolute freak.

I don't think he's going number 1 either, but those workout numbers are going to be incredible.

Did you see those Meme's and twitter photos that came out during/after the Cotton Bowl showing him and the other players at the coin toss? Some of them were hilarious.

http://nowaygirl.com/memes/funniest-shawn-oakman-memes/
    I like the Liam Neeson / Taken one.

He got suspended for their opening game.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    He got suspended for their opening game.
    Well that was sudden.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

6. Re: Shawn Oakman - Good Article on Him

after combine likely late 1/2nd
    a WOW! athlete...might even move into that mid 1st range. coaches can't teach what he can do on the field

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by poplarbluffman View Post
    after combine likely late 1/2nd
    a WOW! athlete...might even move into that mid 1st range. coaches can't teach what he can do on the field
    That's the problem. He hasn't learned shit about what to do on the field. And clearly he has some behavioral issues off the field.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.