Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

CONCUSSION: A Movie That Could Rock The NFL

Based on a true story...

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: CONCUSSION: A Movie That Could Rock The NFL

Wow this looks very interesting. Will Smith looks very focused for this role.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Ouch. That's gonna leave a mark...or maybe not. Maybe the effects will just show up years later...

(December, hm? How much you wanna bet the Commish has the best legal beagles money can buy at work on tactics to delay the theatrical release of Concussion until February 8 at the earliest.)
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Looks like it could be a good one. "You are going to war with a corporation that OWNS a day of the week!" Pretty much.

Blog Entries

The movie could be good, but I will say that it seems like they really went over the top demonstrating the imminent danger the main character was put in by the NFL. I mean...the NFL isn't the CIA or anything, yet one would think that just from watching the previews.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The movie could be good, but I will say that it seems like they really went over the top demonstrating the imminent danger the main character was put in by the NFL. I mean...the NFL isn't the CIA or anything, yet one would think that just from watching the previews.
    :word

And the concussion suit is pretty much settled anyway, so there's not going to be any "rocked" league.

Blog Entries

I'll tell you what - initially, I supported Chris Borland's position about health and the reasons for why he retired.

I no longer support him at all. I think he's a punk that lost the love for the game and didn't want to put in the effort anymore. I'll see if I can find it, but I read it or saw it on NFL Network or ESPN that he is now going around trying to convince other players to quit - including high school students.

Blog Entries

I'll tell you what - initially, I supported Chris Borland's position about health and the reasons for why he retired.

I no longer support him at all. I think he's a punk that lost the love for the game and didn't want to put in the effort anymore. I'll see if I can find it, but I read it or saw it on NFL Network or ESPN that he is now going around trying to convince other players to quit - including high school students.
    That's a dick move. Just because he doesn't love the game, that's no reason to try and normalize his behavior by getting others to quit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    That's a dick move. Just because he doesn't love the game, that's no reason to try and normalize his behavior by getting others to quit.
    I agree and that is certainly along the lines of what he seems to be doing.

If he retired because he firmly believes football is dangerous and he was concerned about his health - fine. I can get behind that.

Here's a thought Chris: You're young. You're intelligent. You played a long time and have a lot of experience in dealing with injuries incurred from the game. Rather than trying to get other kids and players to quit the game altogether (clearly to make him feel better about his decision), how about you help find better equipment, implement better techniques, and help coaches and trainers identify better ways to recognize symptoms while during the game?

??? How and why are you convinced of this? He sure as hell didn't play like "a punk who didn't want to put in the effort anymore" in his rookie year. He was among the best ILBs in the NFL.

I understand that it sucks to see football as an institution losing its footing as it faces all these health issues - I too worry in the back of my mind that we'll be watching 7 v 7 flag football in 25 years. I dread that day. But to try to ignore the issues altogether and claim that a guy like Borland is just lying and is a pu**y is not the right approach...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DC Raven View Post
    ??? How and why are you convinced of this? He sure as hell didn't play like "a punk who didn't want to put in the effort anymore" in his rookie year. He was among the best ILBs in the NFL.

I understand that it sucks to see football as an institution losing its footing as it faces all these health issues - I too worry in the back of my mind that we'll be watching 7 v 7 flag football in 25 years. I dread that day. But to try to ignore the issues altogether and claim that a guy like Borland is just lying and is a pu**y is not the right approach...
    Way to put words into my mouth.

I never said he was lying. I also didn't say he was a pussy.

What I said was the way he is acting now (e.g. trying to get others to quit as well) is him being a punk. If my comment didn't come across that way, I apologize, but that's how I meant it. As someone who has suffered concussions (multiple) from playing football through college, I can attest that the issues are real. The impacts are legitimate and there is always concern for the future. However, if I could still play, I'd do it in a second.

And I do think the primary reason for him quitting is because he lost the drive to continue to play. It doesn't matter one iota how good he was his rookie year. I think after his rookie year he realized that being in the NFL is essentially a year round commitment and maybe after years of playing, he was just tired of it. Combine that with concerns over medical issues and I get why he retired.

But don't make other guys feel like they need to quite and retire as well. Don't take the dream away from high schoolers and college kids about playing in the NFL. That's not cool.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 09-01-2015 at 09:44 AM.