Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Pass Defense

Blog Entries

Re: Pass Defense

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1988 View Post
    Mccown was actually playing quite solid for Trestman not just against The Ravens but against other teams. He was playing so well so thought he should have been the starter over Cutler and it even got him the opportunity to get nice contract from The Buccs... Batch has history of winning games and Jordan Campbell actually was pretty solid especially for The Raiders
    Jason Campbell was 1-7 that year. I don't know how good Jordan Campbell was, and Batch was on crutches that game.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The issue is that the strategy necessary to handle Manning's offense is to press and force him to throw deep, because those are his weakest throws now. By season's end last year, even Pagano's subpar defense was able to make Manning look pedestrian, because they forced him to throw deep and he was off.

If Pees goes in there with that soft zone Manning is going to look young again.
    Something to this...but I would think that any NFL coaching staff would be looking at that game and breaking it down.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    It's probably Harb's defense not Pees but whatever...

It's Pees defense. Harbaugh is the one that gets in his ear when you see those games that Pees actually schematically tries to apply more pressure to the QB. Once Harbaugh sees he's not good at it though. He leaves it alone. In all honesty, the fluctuation with the offensive coaching staff is the main reason why Pees is still here. I get the sense that Harbaugh was leery of having too much turnover with his coaching staff at one time. Just think back to when Mattison was (Essentially asked to find another job so they wouldn't have to fire him). Cameron was still in place.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Something to this...but I would think that any NFL coaching staff would be looking at that game and breaking it down.

Sure, they can look at it, but they are still human. Some people still think they have to be the smartest guy in the room or have all of the answers.

Like trying to have a bend but don't break defense and a ball control offense at the same time.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

It's probably Harb's defense not Pees but whatever...

That I totally agree. Pees is still the Raven's D coordinator for a reason, the same reason he isn't in NE; coaches discretion.