Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2015 Cuts

Re: 2015 Cuts

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Talking early cuts...keeping in mind they have to play 60 minutes with nothing but backups next week, probably just the obvious names from the LB and CB group. A couple of the very back end WRs. They have to cut what, 15 players? Not sure they cut many OL on this round given the injuries and they probably won't want guys like Urschel or Reid or Hurst out there for long next week.
    Agreed. They could probably put six or seven guys on IR, and then only have to cut eight or nine players. There are plenty of 'wrong side of the bubble' guys to do that and still have plenty of backups left to evaluate on Thursday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAnOzzieNewsomeGuy View Post
    Realistically? Let's see...

QB: None
    HB: Fitzgerald Touissaint (M.I.A. against the Redskins.)
    FB: Kiero Small
    WR: Daniel Brown, DeAndre Carter (Remember when some predicted Carter would be the kick returner?), Tom Nelson and Trent Steelman
    TE: Allen Reisner and Konrad Reuland
    OT: Darryl Baldwin, Blaine Clausell and De'Ondre Wesley
    OG: Leon Brown and Kaleb Johnson
    C: Nick Easton
    DE: None
    DT: Micajah Reynolds
    OLB: Brennen Beyer
    ILB: Andrew Bose
    CB: Chris Greenwood and Tramain Jacobs
    S: Nick Perry
    K: None
    P: Justin Manton
    LS: Patrick Scales

Okay; so, I have 22 players listed. Some of these players will stay for just a few more days; but, it's pretty easy to guess which have NO chance of making the team and will be released by Tuesday.
    Agreed, id think Brown perry and jacobs are the only ones that id think stick till the next round even, though obviously a few more will.

This talk of asa and art brown is absurd imo. Asa isnt great but hes still depth and a good KR when were looking for returners. Brown showed up on STs and looked to be better than McClean in both aspects, imo. I think high expectations are really clouding some opinions or where he actually is compared to his competition. He played over orr and mccellan for the 3rd time in a row but hes getting cut in the first round? Not a chance, from what I've seen.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Agreed. They could probably put six or seven guys on IR, and then only have to cut eight or nine players. There are plenty of 'wrong side of the bubble' guys to do that and still have plenty of backups left to evaluate on Thursday.
    Good point, we have 2-3 guys that will be put on IR already plus a few that have injuries we may consider season ending. Tyson comes to mind if hes really in that much pain and already on the bubble.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by IAmAnOzzieNewsomeGuy View Post
    Realistically? Let's see...

QB: None
    HB: Fitzgerald Touissaint (M.I.A. against the Redskins.)
    FB: Kiero Small
    WR: Daniel Brown, DeAndre Carter (Remember when some predicted Carter would be the kick returner?), Tom Nelson and Trent Steelman
    TE: Allen Reisner and Konrad Reuland
    OT: Darryl Baldwin, Blaine Clausell and De'Ondre Wesley
    OG: Leon Brown and Kaleb Johnson
    C: Nick Easton
    DE: None
    DT: Micajah Reynolds
    OLB: Brennen Beyer
    ILB: Andrew Bose
    CB: Chris Greenwood and Tramain Jacobs
    S: Nick Perry
    K: None
    P: Justin Manton
    LS: Patrick Scales

Okay; so, I have 22 players listed. Some of these players will stay for just a few more days; but, it's pretty easy to guess which have NO chance of making the team and will be released by Tuesday.
    Thanks, nice to have an assembled list to work from :)

Have to factor in that there is a game needed to play without the starters, and 15 cuts (22+15=37 90-37=53 so the mix of those "53" will have to be a game's worth of players/positions.... and will influence slightly positions where someone is needed to play).
    Yes we can say Reisner (broken ankle) and Reuland gone but who will play TE? Not Crockett, leaves Williams, Boyle, Reuland ... I'd guess Reuland makes it for the sake of the final game roster make-up

Did Toussaint play? if so then Kerio Small is gone, Allen, Toussaint and Magee play RB (Magee has his last chance to pull a Bobby Rainey).

I am even more convinced that we need to find a PR and if the remaining possibilities are not the answer (Nelson, Magee...) we will be scouring the final waiver wire and adjusting out final 53 the day later. Asa is not a PR ... learning/experience can help but can't learn instinctiveness

Anyway agree on the WR, we have plenty, at least 3 should be part of the 15 cut, (especially since we will need OLine due to injuries).
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Ok first round of cuts is Tuesday. I think Asa is 100% getting cut. who do you think is getting cut?
    Asa will not be among the first cuts. Not with the secondary being a question mark.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JoeCool5 View Post
    Asa will not be among the first cuts. Not with the secondary being a question mark.
    I'd rather them cut Asa and give Cassius Vaughn more opportunity to make a case for himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'd rather them cut Asa and give Cassius Vaughn more opportunity to make a case for himself.
    While I don't disagree at all with what you are saying, Asa will get grabbed immediately, he will be somebody's 4th or 5th corner in a New York Minute.
    I think we will see more of Vaughn, expecially since Greenwood is probably questionable (and coming off a hamstring at that)
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Three things about Vaughn: nobody seems to have noticed him although he has played a lot of snaps. He has been the top Ravens corner in PFF. When he was noticed it was for making a tackle he should have made.
    Personally, I think Vaughn has already made the team and Harbs was giving others on the bubble a chance to make their case. As far as Asa, nothing has changed. He loses his man in coverage and misses tackles. I don't care if Asa makes it on another team. He is not a Raven. He is out of chances. He is Chykie!

Blog Entries

I don't think that they are going to cut Toussaint in this cutdown. He's not going to be on the roster, but I don't think Allen is going to play a lot if at all on Thursday since he's the top backup to Forsett right now and he's going to be very needed in Denver.

Fitzgerald Toussaint - RB - Ravens

Ravens RB Fitzgerald Toussaint didn't see the field in Saturday's preseason game against the Redskins.

Beat writer Jeff Zrebiac is taking this as a sign Toussaint has fallen behind Terrence Magee on the Ravens' running back depth chart. Magee has averaged 5.1 yards per carry this preseason compared to only 3.4 for Toussaint. Neither one figures to see much playing time this year behind starter Justin Forsett and complementary backs Lorenzo Taliaferro and Buck Allen.

Darren Waller - WR - Ravens

Ravens beat writer Jeff Zrebiac believes the team's last wide receiver spot will go to either Darren Waller or Jeremy Butler.

Zrebiac said it depends on how many receivers the Ravens decide to keep. If they keep six, Waller would probably get the last spot. If they go seven deep, the last spot would likely go to Butler. Michael Campanero is locked in as the No. 5 receiver. Butler caught four passes for 32 yards in Saturday's preseason game against the Redskins while Waller snagged one ball for five yards.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Darren Waller - WR - Ravens

Ravens beat writer Jeff Zrebiac believes the team's last wide receiver spot will go to either Darren Waller or Jeremy Butler.

Zrebiac said it depends on how many receivers the Ravens decide to keep. If they keep six, Waller would probably get the last spot. If they go seven deep, the last spot would likely go to Butler. Michael Campanero is locked in as the No. 5 receiver. Butler caught four passes for 32 yards in Saturday's preseason game against the Redskins while Waller snagged one ball for five yards.
    I simply cannot see Waller getting cut. He has too much promise.