Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Resign Yanda OR k.o. ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I'm still in this camp. I kinda feel like a traitor haha because Yanda is incredible. I loveeee him. I've illustrated this before, but I'll just copy and paste my post from earlier this offseason.

2014 we spent $14,793,650 on our starting offensive line. That accounted for 11.23% of the salary cap.

2015 - $21,435,735 , 14.84%

(For reference in 2013 - $17,771,531, 14.33%)

Seemingly the Ravens are comfortable allocating between 11-15% of their cap space towards the starting offensive line. Next year's cap is projected at $150 million and the Ravens will spend about $16.5 - $22.5 million on their offensive line.

Working under the assumption that we cut Zuttah and replace him with Urschel as our starting center, the current offensive line cap allocation for 2016 is $10,047,280:

Monroe – 8,700,000
    Wagner – 711,140
    Urschel – 636,140

Offer KO a 6 year 50 million dollar back loaded contract. Offer Yanda a 3 year 25 million front loaded contract. MOST likely we'll be able to sign them both for a little cheaper.

The issues I personally have with what I just wrote:
    Did not measure the percentage of cap space allocated to other position groups on the team
    Did not see what other teams spend on their starting offensive lineman, specifically successful teams
    Didn't take into account 2017 UFAs

Bare with me I work 60 hours a week in corporate America haha.

In 2017 cut Monroe and sign Wagner to a new deal.
    My proposed offensive lineman going forward:

2015 – Monroe – KO – Zuttah – Yanda – Wagner
    2016 – Monroe – KO – Urschel – Yanda – Wagner
    2017 – Hurst – KO – Urschel – Yanda – Wagner
    I completely agree with you that we could make both work. But do I want to pay a bandaid a 6 year 50 million dollar deal? No, no i do not. If Urschel's play is above average, no need for that investment.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Since so many are answering Yanda, I'm going to ask another question:

Do you want to sign him now or wait until after the season?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post

Sooner the better as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it will happen though. It's going to be a big number and I'm sure Yanda is looking for another Pro Bowl and All Pro before he commits.

Quote Originally Posted by CopRaven View Post

After the season for sure. With Flacco it was smarter to do an extension before that season because he couldn't command the richest salary in the NFL. After the season....did we really have a choice?

Yanda's value won't really go up after this season. We/he already knows that he's a beast. If his play declines, which obviously I highly doubt, but IF his play declines so does his price. Then maybe our willingness to resign.

Yanda!!!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I want both, let Zuttah walk. Both of these beasts are where the dominance of our line begins. Last year reminded us that outside of QB the Oline makes the offense go. If I had to pick, it would be Yanda. He's one of our core players, the tone setter for the line and the entire offense. Nobody embodies the Raven playing style like him. KO is a ass-buster and he makes it a hard decision as he's physically dominant, young, hardworking and keeps getting better every season. He has the potential, and work ethic to live up to that potential, to be the best guard in football one day.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    ... let Zuttah walk....
    You might want to view some of Gino Gradkowski's tape then rethink your position... Bc

This debate reminds me of the Bart Scott v Ray Lewis debate of a few seasons ago.

Count me in the Yanda camp.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    This debate reminds me of the Bart Scott v Ray Lewis debate of a few seasons ago.

Count me in the Yanda camp.
    Good point.

Yanda camp for sure.