Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens miss medical red flags on Perriman?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    :word

Just unimpressed because I expect more from RSR
    99% of Tony's stuff is good. He's earned the right to have a couple that I disagree with. I'll still click on the next piece he puts up as soon as it's posted.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Secret? This was widely reported when he was drafted. I didn't read as much specifically about Perriman pre-draft, but I think it was well known. His dad is pretty open.

Then why are you agitating for someone to be fired?
    It's a speculative connect the dots piece. I hint at that in the article. But then again it could be the truth. And if a doctor did say not to worry about OS and OS is the issue with a first round pick, don't you think a doc's spot on the medical team could be at risk?
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's an ESPN level of connect the dots and that's not a good thing.

If you had written this just after the draft then I could understand it. Linking this condition to the injury which various medical people have said is not the case is just fishing for a story
    Fishing for a story...I guess. Fishing for an answer, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    99% of Tony's stuff is good. He's earned the right to have a couple that I disagree with. I'll still click on the next piece he puts up as soon as it's posted.
    100% agree
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I say we tar and feather the bugger!
    "insert witty comment"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    Fishing for a story...I guess. Fishing for an answer, yes.
    part of the job i guess but you know were going to hold you to a high standard around here.
    -JAB

As much as people would love to have an explanation for Perrimans "pro-longed" recovery (I use quotes because nothing screams prolonged to me) ...

Having a PhD in orthopedic biomechanics (and having multiple-knee injuries, myself), I can honestly say...Although the MRI was "normal," he did something to his knee. Could be a Grade 0/1 sprain (hard to really diagnose on an MRI), a minor meniscus injury, something. Knees do not swell for no reason.

That said, since his MRI was "normal," it's encouraging that he wont require surgery. However, with any non-surgery knee injury, most doctors recommend staying off of it for 2-6 weeks to properly heal/relieve swelling.

IMPORTANT NOTE: That treatment is for us, Weekend Warriors and Couch Athletes, not a 6'2'' 220 lb speed machine, who is expected to run sub-4.3.

Give him time, he is young and he doesnt need surgery. *I wish there was a High-Five Emoticon*

Calling out RSR for exploring a possibility, some posters think too highly of themselves. What happen to opinions and discussions? Tony brought up something some are definitely thinking. Perrimans case could be worse then what his dad had.

Were the scouts sold a bill of goods based on perriman's college ability, while he was suffering on the field. Anybody continue to play to impress people, even though you were in pain. Don't have to be a genius to think that perriman was hoping for a football career to support him for the rest of his life. He pushed the limits, made it through college on a bad condition. He gets drafted and still hopes his condition improves, only to have it get worse.

Yea, RSR is way off base here, LMAO.

I have that disease in my left knee. Always have, and when it buckles it hurts like hell. If you've ever dislocated something, that's what it feels like except it pops out and pops right back in.

But it doesn't hurt for this long. I'm capable of walking by myself in a few minutes and just have a lingering soreness for about a day.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    part of the job i guess but you know were going to hold you to a high standard around here.
    I can take it.

I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato_Papi View Post
    As much as people would love to have an explanation for Perrimans "pro-longed" recovery (I use quotes because nothing screams prolonged to me) ...

Having a PhD in orthopedic biomechanics (and having multiple-knee injuries, myself), I can honestly say...Although the MRI was "normal," he did something to his knee. Could be a Grade 0/1 sprain (hard to really diagnose on an MRI), a minor meniscus injury, something. Knees do not swell for no reason.

That said, since his MRI was "normal," it's encouraging that he wont require surgery. However, with any non-surgery knee injury, most doctors recommend staying off of it for 2-6 weeks to properly heal/relieve swelling.

IMPORTANT NOTE: That treatment is for us, Weekend Warriors and Couch Athletes, not a 6'2'' 220 lb speed machine, who is expected to run sub-4.3.

Give him time, he is young and he doesnt need surgery. *I wish there was a High-Five Emoticon*
    So I'm curious since we have an apparent doctor on here with expertise on this stuff.

This OS thing he has.... could it be aggravated and flare up from having some other type of knee injury like any of the ones you're speculating or has been reported?

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Calling out RSR for exploring a possibility, some posters think too highly of themselves. What happen to opinions and discussions? Tony brought up something some are definitely thinking. Perrimans case could be worse then what his dad had.
    Pretty much sums my feelings up as well.
    Lighten up on the "Big Kahuna" for trying to stir up some discussion based on a possibility from speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I have that disease in my left knee. Always have, and when it buckles it hurts like hell. If you've ever dislocated something, that's what it feels like except it pops out and pops right back in.

But it doesn't hurt for this long. I'm capable of walking by myself in a few minutes and just have a lingering soreness for about a day.
    Thinkin' you never had to run a 4.3 40 and couldn't even come close to it even if you had to or wanted to.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    So I'm curious since we have an apparent doctor on here with expertise on this stuff.

This OS thing he has.... could it be aggravated and flare up from having some other type of knee injury like any of the ones you're speculating or has been reported?

Pretty much sums my feelings up as well.
    Lighten up on the "Big Kahuna" for trying to stir up some discussion based on a possibility from speculation.

Thinkin' you never had to run a 4.3 40 and couldn't even come close to it even if you had to or wanted to.

As a medical doctor I can tell you that it is no use speculating on this. Sure there are genetic links to the father but the truth is, the father could have played for 10 years and the son for 20, or the father for 10 and the son for 2. There are so many variables that go into this type of situation compounded by the fact that the man plays a contact sport, that even if the Ravens know about the condition it is impossible to predict what the outcome will be. The best they could do is what they did, roll the dice on raw talent, gamble on modern medicine, and make an educated guess on best player on the board.

Enough with the hand wringing.