Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

The AFC East is an Embarassment.

Tom Brady gets suspended for four games and it seems like the opposing AFC East teams are taking turns to blow this opportunity. Buffalo is actually letting Matt Cassel, EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor compete for the starting QB spot on an otherwise Super Bowl quality roster. At that rate, they'd be better off matching up Rex Ryan with Jay Cutler than to go through with this.

Sheldon Richardson gets his self suspended and Geno Smith gets his jaw broken after sticking his finger in a teammate's face and acting like a little punk. All the while, not a single teammate came to his defense then, or through the media now.

God only knows what's going to happen in Miami before the season starts.

At this rate, New England will start the season 1-3 and still win the division by four games.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: The AFC East is an Embarassment.

It must be nice, year after year, to play in a division that rarely offers any serious competition.

I'm waiting for Suh to stomp Tannehill's face in.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Phins could take second by default (not that that really means anything)

supposedly Rex likes Tyrod. Defensive coaches often like mobile/athletic qbs; I think they worry about busted plays turning into big gains by same.
    I think the Bills are my second favorite team this year. (along with whomever'splayingPittsburgh)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

NFC West was awful in the 80's = 49ers dynasty.
    NFC East was awful in the mid60's-70's = Cowboys dominance (outside of a blip from Allen's Skins)
    AFC Central was awful in the 70's = Steelers dynasty.
    AFC East was awful in the 70's-80's = Dolphins dominance (outside a blip from the Colts in 70's/Pats in 80's).

Its rare to find dominant era teams in NFL history without the aid of a crappy division.

Vikings won something like eight division titles in ten years in the post-Lombardi era. Bud Grant talked about every year the Lions or Bears would fire their coach and start over and it made it that much easier.
    they'd go 7-1 in division and 3-3 against the rest of the league and take first with a 10-4 record.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)