Thread: Marcus Mariota.

Blog Entries

Marcus Mariota.

Some of you may have read about Marcus Mariota's progress throughout training camp. Apparently, before his first preseason game, he'd yet to throw an interception in practice. Now, on the surface, that sounds like a positive development. However, I found it concerning from the beginning. It is likely that this is the result of not taking chances with the football and training camp is when it is most important to take chances with the football. It is during that time that you learn your limitations through trial and error. This leads me to believe that the coaching staff may be discouraging Mariota from going through that process, in favor of securing the football.

Watching Mariota in his Preseason debut, I saw a player who wasn't used to having to take chances with the ball and it led to costly mistakes.

Grooming a QB seems to be an inexact science, but I wonder if Tennessee is taking the right approach.

What say you?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Marcus Mariota.

I'm thinking not many 1st year rookie QB's do well when they are groomed to be the starter. Many a top prospect flamed out by playing that 1st year. He'll have to learn thru trial and error, to expect him not to make mistakes is unreal.

Blog Entries

I think the Titans made a huge error by not taking what the Eagles and other teams were offering for Mariota.

Mettenbeger is a Better QB now and has the arm to become a franchise guy. Build around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I think the Titans made a huge error by not taking what the Eagles and other teams were offering for Mariota.

Mettenbeger is a Better QB now and has the arm to become a franchise guy. Build around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disagree with you on the last part, but a trade with the Eagles would've been a win.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco