Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: Arthur Brown -Just Out of Curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I did not see/hear the Q&A you guys are talking about. Can you tell me more about the circumstances of Brown being "pulled from the game"?

Was it for just a few plays or for longer?

Guys rotate in and out all the time, but I assume this was something different, a kind of punishment?
    I noticed it when it happened. It was a play toward the sideline that went for good yards. I saw Brown barely above a jog toward the play. If he had run full speed, it probably would have saved 5 more yards or so. I even commented to my wife that a guy on thin ice can't be dogging it like that. He was pulled for the next play. I didn't realize he was wearing the green dot also. He did go back in shortly after.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Being pulled from the game aside, Brown graded out high in run defense two games in a row , finally looks like a contributor on Special Teams and should only get better in Coverage with more experience and now folks want to get rid of him? When he finally shows some sign of life?
    Terrence Cody stuck around for 4 seasons after being drafted in the same round. Brown is at least around that long.

McClellan has been doing stupid stuff like this forever:

And he's managed to stay around at a dime a dozen position

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I feel like McClelan is ALWAYS doing some dumb ass shit like this. I have no statistics to back my claim, but I just feel like this dude is always involved in some dumbass shit like this.

Yea Art Brown is making this team. I'm going to watch the game tonight, but it seems he's finally starting to contribute. McClelan offers us absolutely nothing going forward.

Blog Entries

Being pulled from the game aside, Brown graded out high in run defense two games in a row , finally looks like a contributor on Special Teams and should only get better in Coverage with more experience and now folks want to get rid of him? When he finally shows some sign of life?
    Terrence Cody stuck around for 4 seasons after being drafted in the same round. Brown is at least around that long.

Agreed. He looked good imo. I get the argument that he needs to give 100% effort because hes not guaranteed, but theres also a lot of guys out there coasting this time of year that we give a pass too. He got taken out, scolded and put back in and continued to play well. Im not happy about it, but its certainly not selling me on him being done when hes finally looking like something and contributing.

imo, McCellan needs to go. hes a headcase with a DV in his past and appears to be expendable now with Orr and Brown. he makes the most and we only have him for another year i believe anyway.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Thanks missed that
    #36 Nick Perry turns his head akwardly and looks back while getting up from the pile so he definitely heard it
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I feel like McClelan is ALWAYS doing some dumb ass shit like this. I have no statistics to back my claim, but I just feel like this dude is always involved in some dumbass shit like this.

Yea Art Brown is making this team. I'm going to watch the game tonight, but it seems he's finally starting to contribute. McClelan offers us absolutely nothing going forward.
    He is and he was fined last year. Whenever someone is pushing and shoving after a play for no good reason, it's usually McClellan.

He is and he was fined last year. Whenever someone is pushing and shoving after a play for no good reason, it's usually McClellan.

Looking at the video, he'll be getting one this year too.

Is there a team out there willing to trade for Brown a DB that has not panned out?? Maybe a change of scenery or maybe difference defense could help both players.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    I did not see/hear the Q&A you guys are talking about. Can you tell me more about the circumstances of Brown being "pulled from the game"?

Was it for just a few plays or for longer?

Guys rotate in and out all the time, but I assume this was something different, a kind of punishment?
    (Q3, 11:03) was the play. He tiptoed after Bailey by the right sideline, was obstructed by a block and jogged after the play. It looked horrible in real time. Then all of a sudden you see a rushed exchange with Orr on and him off before the next play.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    (Q3, 11:03) was the play. He tiptoed after Bailey by the right sideline, was obstructed by a block and jogged after the play. It looked horrible in real time. Then all of a sudden you see a rushed exchange with Orr on and him off before the next play.
    Thank you for the info.

More and more, Brown seems to me to be the second coming of Tavares Gooden, except at least Tavares tried his best. Not so sure about Brown.

On Brown. Occasionally Ravens linebackers become international men of mystery. There is enough to start a club, or some kind of reunion-based organization. Their motto....."at least we were never Redskins". Dumb, I know, I'm kinda board with RSR at the moment. Then there is Rolando McClain with his pro bowl like bad self. Weird times with linebackers.

Kindle ..Kindle fell into the second round and was ultimately drafted 43rd overall by the Baltimore Ravens,[11] using one of the three picks the Ravens acquired by trading their first-round pick (25th overall) to the Denver Broncos (who selected Tim Tebow).[12] Kindle said in a press conference shortly after the draft he was targeting the Defensive Rookie of the Year Award in 2010.[10] However, after the Ravens' minicamp, Kindle acknowledged: "When I said that, it was just an exciting moment for me, getting drafted. My head was in the clouds."[13]

In the clouds. Indeed. Aliens!, I tell you. Maybe it's Ozzies penance to HIS alien overlords, must take a few linebackers to be moles amongst the general population.

Alien Overlord to Ozzie: "we need another one, but our budget is low, need a few hundred thousand US currency to get em started, you'll have to draft high"

Ozzie to Alien Overlord: "Ok, I'll get more linebackers, nobody will notice... now on the other end, make good on that WR gig I keep asking about"

Alien Overlord reply: "Alright, how does 4.19 sound?"

Ozzie: "no midgets, 6'1 or better"

Overlord: "Ok"
    Last edited by alienstar; 08-27-2015 at 01:01 AM.

While you don't wanna see a strugglung guy like Brown taking a play off like that, it was pretty indicative of the entire team's performance during the game. Wanting him gone for that during that game seems a bit over reactionary in the context of things.

Not for the same reason, but IMO, Art, KLM, Urban, and Elam offer us no hope for their future performance.