Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Schaub and Bryn Renner

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    hopefully schaub doesnt teach Joe how to throw pick 6s
    Kyle Boller and Marc Bulger didn't teach him that.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Your post is way too logical and not nearly kneejerk enough. Please delete it as it clearly doesn't fit in here!

Seriously though.....perhaps we should watch Schaub take a snap in preseason before we call to cut him, dont ya think?
    I TOTALLY AGREE

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Kiss of death

@jeffzrebiecsun: Harbaugh:"I feel great about Matt Schaub as the backup quarterback."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Kiss of death

@jeffzrebiecsun: Harbaugh:"I feel great about Matt Schaub as the backup quarterback--
    ::dons telepathy helmet:: (ahem)

--so long as he stays the backup QB. If dogforbid he should ever have to see significant playing time in a competitive game, we're screwed."
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

From the sounds of it Schaub has been horrible in camp so far. Not surprising coming off a horrible season that saw him get benched and traded.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    From the sounds of all the Nervous Nellies on this site Schaub has been horrible in camp so far. Not surprising coming off a horrible season that saw him get benched and traded.
    FTFY. He's no Flacco, but he didn't look all that bad to me Monday night. "Horrible" might just be a function of unfamiliarity with the personnel & Trestman's approach or merely testing the limits of what he can be counted on to do if needed.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

If the worst happens and Flacco goes down, I think they can still win with Schaub. Parts of the playbook that utilize Flacco's arm strength will be removed and they'll make adjustments for Schaub's noodle arm style. It works for Peyton. Before you slap me, I know Schaub isn't Peyton. Maybe more like Lamar in the movie Revenge of the Nerds. One thing that works to his advantage is having been there before. The stage isn't too big for him.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Schaub is a waste of money...and tyrods about to win the starting job in BUF lol.
    Even if he does (which I highly doubt), that's more a function of the Bills terrible QB situation than an indication of his talent.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    If the worst happens and Flacco goes down, I think they can still win with Schaub. Parts of the playbook that utilize Flacco's arm strength will be removed and they'll make adjustments for Schaub's noodle arm style. It works for Peyton. Before you slap me, I know Schaub isn't Peyton. Maybe more like Lamar in the movie Revenge of the Nerds. One thing that works to his advantage is having been there before. The stage isn't too big for him.
    Schaub was horrendous with the Raiders last year. Truly putrid. Carr came in the not knowing anything about the position at this level and easily won that job. I wish they would look at Pat Devlin who is still on the market. He could at least provide some real competition to Schaub

its like choosing between a veggie burger and a tofu burger, both suck but which one sucks less?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Schaub was horrendous with the Raiders last year. Truly putrid. Carr came in the not knowing anything about the position at this level and easily won that job. I wish they would look at Pat Devlin who is still on the market. He could at least provide some real competition to Schaub
    Oakland's offense was last in the league last year, I don't think any QB could have made them good. Our OL and running game would go a long way towards helping him. Certainly not ideal, but I still think we could win some games with him as long as the rest of the team shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Schaub only threw ten passes for Oakland last year. Granted, he was horrible, but that's a pretty small sample. Coming off an elbow, and he got beaten out by a rookie who at this point is better than him. No great sin.

Hey, if we could get Derek Carr to be our backup, I'd take him over Schaub. But from what I have seen from Schaub so far in two practices (M&T and this morning) he's not that bad. We will know a lot more when the bullets are flying over the next few weeks.
    "Chin up, chest out."