Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Perriman: Rookie breakout season?

I do expect him to be more efficient than Torrey, regardless of stats and that is what we should be happy with.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    Ive got him for about 45/600/4. Hell be a work in progress this year. Ill look for him to really take off next year once he has a year under his belt and especially if SSS is gone by then. (which I guess is a real possibillity)

Also I really think one of Marlon or Kamar are going to step up this year and become a real trusted go to guy for Joe. And Im not expecting a huge dropoff from SSS either. Plus with Trestman here the RBs are going to get their fair share of touches past the LOS. So that would cut into Breshads production as well.
    Bump TDs up to 5 or 6 and that would be promising enough for me.

Rookie expectations are tricky as we know. Reduce Torrey's historical numbers vs. STL of 5/152/3, down to 5/52/1 and he's at 50/741/7 in his rookie year. Obviously, still very promising had it happened.

Perriman has better WR skills than Torrey, but Perriman is stepping into much greater competition/situation than Torrey had.
    Back in Torrey's rookie year, take away Boldin and the rest of the corps caught a whopping 8 passes.
    That won't be the case with Perriman in '15, and again the RBs and TEs are going to get tons of targets.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I do expect him to be more efficient than Torrey, regardless of stats and that is what we should be happy with.
    Probably best said.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    :word

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

This is a difficult thing to predict. I think the answer will lie with this question: "how much of the rest of the offense is going to click and be formidable". Are guys like Sr., Brown and Aiken going to draw double teams and safety help? Likely not that often. Is one of the new TEs going to be scary good enough as a receiving threat to warrant extra attention? Could Waller make the field sooner rather than later, as he is one of the few that simply could draw attention on the speed/size factor alone. What about one of the other quicker WRs that are sitting somewhere between WR4 - WR7? Will one of them emerge? The point I'm trying to make is that I don't think this early in Perriman's career does he get 1000/7 on his skills alone. If he does, that could mean 2 things: 1. our offense is not as good as we projected and Perriman becomes leaned on more often due to lack of playmaking by others, or 2. We really hit big with this first round WR. Nobody should, on this offense (besides the 100M QB) need to carry us. I hope we both hit big and everything else works as good as it looks on paper. These things are so hard to figure, as you may remember, Torrey was wading in bust territory in the early going for him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's exactly why no one should panic if Perriman doesn't explode as a rookie.
    Unfortunately there will be a large amount of people who will panic if he struggles, remember Torrey was considered a bust by some fans his rookie year during the preseason. I definitely won't panic or proclaim Breshad a bust during his rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    I think it's also worth mentioning that Cutler threw mostly to Brandon Marshall in 2012.
    Yes he did

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Yes he did
    Suddenly I'm thinking about drafting Alshon Jeffery in FF.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Suddenly I'm thinking about drafting Alshon Jeffery in FF.
    Not a bad idea he'll get a lot of targets his way.

Blog Entries

Justin Forsett on Perriman:

"His speed is as advertised. One of the fastest guys on the team, if not the fastest."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Justin Forsett on Perriman:

"His speed is as advertised. One of the fastest guys on the team, if not the fastest."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wasn't DeCosta's comment to Forsett something to the effect that we took a defender out of the box for you with our first pick?

remains to be seen but speed will do it if the hands are good.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    Wasn't DeCosta's comment to Forsett something to the effect that we took a defender out of the box for you with our first pick?

remains to be seen but speed will do it if the hands are good.
    His hands are big and strong so he can physically catch the ball well the issue he needs to overcome is mental.