Late Season AFCN Schedule

As vicious as the first half of the Ravens schedule looks, we are really set up nicely to make a run at the division in the second half of the season. Jeff Zriebec broke it down in the Sun the other day:

The Steelers' final six games are at Seattle, home against Indianapolis, at Cincinnati, home versus Denver, at the Ravens and at Cleveland. That’s five of their final six against 2014 playoff teams and four of their final six on the road.

The Bengals' final four games are home against the Steelers, at the 49ers, at the Broncos and home against the Ravens. Cincinnati also has one four-game stretch early in the season when they play the Ravens on the road, the Kansas City Chiefs and Seahawks at home and then the Buffalo Bills on the road.
    This while we are playing three of our last four at home. So hopefully we will remember this amid all the gloom-and-doom, "fire Harbs, bench Joe, it's time for Ozzie to retire" talk that will undoubtedly be everywhere as the team limps into the week 9 bye near .500.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Re: Late Season AFCN Schedule

I do not think the Ravens are going to be as bad in the beginning of the season as some may think. By week 9 I expect them to be at worse 6-3. So that late season schedule looks to just fortify their run into the post season to me.

Blog Entries

i actually thought our last 4 games look pretty tough for us. Seattles defense travels well. Chiefs arent great, but theyre fully capable of winning a road game with their run game. steelers and Bengals always give us fits especially at Cincy.

Not sure id call that a favorable final 4 games even compared to the others.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I also think those last four will be tough games but coming out of the bye we have Jax, St. Louis, Cleveland and Miami.
    In this league it's all about the 2nd half of the year and how a team plays starting around Thanksgiving. Those four games starting in mid November are about as soft as the schedule gets, which is not soft...

can't wait

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I'm just glad we have Seattle at home.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I'm wondering about the 49ers
    Pisstowels get them early week 2 at 3Rivers
    Ravens get them week 6 on the West Coast
    Cleveland Dec 13 (week 14) in the cold by Lake Erie (after they play the Bears in Chi-town week 13)
    Cincy travels to SF week 15

I think we get them at the worst, new system gets exposed in Pitburgh and gets the kinks worked out, then a month later we travel out there.
    Maybe we collapse their season, but I don't think the team will have imploded that early.
    By the time they get to Cleveland in week 14 with the season injury accumulation and the retirement lack of deep depth, I'm suspecting it may be an easy win for the Clowns .... caveat... nothing is ever easy, I understand that is why the games are played but I can't see Cincy losing there in week 15 at all
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

I gave up on trying to analyze schedules as part of predicting final season outcomes. The NFL schedule rotates and the two at-large teams in a schedule are even driven by formulas. Granted, the order of the schedule and bye week are what is most to be pondered.
    Flacco is the perfect QB to be put into difficult situations, simply because he doesn't care about it. That can mitigate a lot for a team. I look at the front end of this season's schedule an opportunity to get a serious leg up. Having the team stay out west will also help, and the weather is not nearly as humid as we will have during camp. Might be another mitigating factor. Frankly I've said it for some time, I think 2016 - ?, the Ravens will be superb, in saying so long to dead-monies and such. Plus getting this fine crop of rookies up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    I gave up on trying to analyze schedules as part of predicting final season outcomes. The NFL schedule rotates and the two at-large teams in a schedule are even driven by formulas. Granted, the order of the schedule and bye week are what is most to be pondered.
    Flacco is the perfect QB to be put into difficult situations, simply because he doesn't care about it. That can mitigate a lot for a team. I look at the front end of this season's schedule an opportunity to get a serious leg up. Having the team stay out west will also help, and the weather is not nearly as humid as we will have during camp. Might be another mitigating factor. Frankly I've said it for some time, I think 2016 - ?, the Ravens will be superb, in saying so long to dead-monies and such. Plus getting this fine crop of rookies up to speed.
    yeah, Flacco's pretty resilient only being ranked as the 21st QB in the league. b/c that doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthSizzle55 View Post
    yeah, Flacco's pretty resilient only being ranked as the 21st QB in the league. b/c that doesn't count.
    You have to count interceptable passes LOL