Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Some things I did not know about Darren Waller – maybe you didn’t either

And you know what? Waller has little Smith SR who plays way bigger than he is, to learn from.
    He is going to watch Smith SR and notice his swagger.
    He is going to look in the mirror and think, what if Smith Sr was this big?
    How would he act and how would he play?
    Waller is smart. I expect him to learn and learn quickly.
    What a big target for Joe.
    And if he starts going up and snatching the ball out of the air, the more Joe will go to him.
    This offense, right now, has huge potential. It's all about it coming together because the talent is there in every shape and size and speed.
    Even the Oline is deep and talented.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I dont know if this was referring to my post, but if it was, I didn't say anything about his hands in college. A lot of the "Camp notes" during rookie camp, OTA's and then Training Camp mentioned his drops. I do recall a lot of his scouting reports not being thrilled with his hands and referring to his catching style as body catching. I cosnider body catching a "hands" issue.

In terms of comparisons to Streeter, I dont see it as similar outside of measurables. The way they catch (at least from Waller's college tape, albeit limited due to GT's offence) is not the same. Streeter was a body catcher. Waller looks like a guy who plucks the ball. Like I said, I still think it's too early to really tell. We can't compare route running or other essential characteristics until we see Waller actually play.
    i disagree. watch their highlights. Streeter certainly had some times he body caught, which i still attribute to poor route running (or throws for that matter) and allowing the ball to get in on him before going to grab it, but theres plenty of tape of him doing exactly as you describe and plucking the ball out of the air and also of Waller basket or body catching. their tape and college careers were very similar as well as their measurables. If were only talking about as pros, its too early to say Waller is or is not like him, but by college tape i dont see much difference.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I have high hopes for the kid but I also wouldn't be surprised if they bring him along slowly; not seeing much action on offense this year. Would be happy to see him inserted early but nothing wrong with taking their time.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This SI scouting report compared Waller to Martavis Bryant. I'd love to get at least some of Bryant's production (21/549/8) out of Waller.

Who is flaming you? You had a great post, some agreed, some disagreed. Nobody once flamed you on here
    I'm sorry to have put it out that way. I went through a few posts not too long ago, where I clearly stated that the subject in the post was not my idea. I simply asked for the ideas put forth to be commented on, but found people wanted to debate me. The ideas were called "dumb", "silly",.and I was acting as a third party with the intent clearly stated. Nobody here did anything. I was just a mite bit post shy, it's temporary. Sorry for putting that in.

6. Re: Some things I did not know about Darren Waller – maybe you didn’t either

Quote Originally Posted by alienstar View Post
    I'm sorry to have put it out that way. I went through a few posts not too long ago, where I clearly stated that the subject in the post was not my idea. I simply asked for the ideas put forth to be commented on, but found people wanted to debate me. The ideas were called "dumb", "silly",.and I was acting as a third party with the intent clearly stated. Nobody here did anything. I was just a mite bit post shy, it's temporary. Sorry for putting that in.
    I'll get this posted here soon.

FWIW, I'll probably take out the flaming part. Don't be shy. I get criticized all the time. http://thornography.weei.com/sports/...ans-obnoxious/

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Lombardi View Post
    I'll get this posted here soon.

FWIW, I'll probably take out the flaming part. Don't be shy. I get criticized all the time. http://thornography.weei.com/sports/...ans-obnoxious/
    Yes, please do remove that. I was working on the front end of the piece, and forgot to ditch that. It's something that is not relevant not to an article, a common post maybe.... but yea that should be edited out. Thanks.

EDIT: I removed that paragraph from post #27. So it is no longer there.
    Last edited by alienstar; 07-22-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Yes, please do remove that. I was working on the front end of the piece, and forgot to ditch that. It's something that is not relevant not to an article, a common post maybe.... but yea that should be edited out. Thanks.

Great job though. I'd love if more people got involved with article writing. I've tried to take a few cracks at it, but I'm just frankly not that good.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

9. Re: Some things I did not know about Darren Waller – maybe you didn’t either

I did some editing to it to keep the length down. Typically, we try to keep things under 1200 words, so I trimmed up some stuff.

But thanks again alienstar. It was a very interesting read. http://russellstreetreport.com/2015/...-growth-spurt/

10. Re: Some things I did not know about Darren Waller – maybe you didn’t either

Great job though. I'd love if more people got involved with article writing. I've tried to take a few cracks at it, but I'm just frankly not that good.
    You've been on the front page before!