Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Dalton vs. Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    ESPN Insider article from today features their "Quarterback Tiers Project". A voting panel of 35 league insiders place each of the 32 projected starters into one of five tiers, Tier 1 being the best and Tier 5 being for the worst.

Here's a description of the Tiers:

Here's how the AFC North shook out:

Overall Rank - #4 - Roethlisberger (Tier 1)
    Overall Rank - #10 - Flacco (Tier 2)
    Overall Rank - #18 - Dalton (Tier 3)
    Overall Rank - #29 - McCown (Tier 4)

First paragraph of Flacco write-up, since it fits with the thread title:
    Dalton has always had AJ Green and still stinks it up in the big moments, why don't these people realize that when comparing him to Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenelite28 View Post
    Agreed.

I would be interested to see who else is in tier #1. Because not many QBs can meet that criteria.
    Six total in Tier 1, in this order:

Aaron Rodgers
    Tom Brady
    Andrew Luck
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees

Blog Entries

All Andrew Luck has shown so far is that he can lead an otherwise weak team to a division title in a weak division, before getting trashed by a real time on the road.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Given the criteria, I'd actually say Luck fits in the first category, perhaps more than any other QB listed there other than Brees. He has not had great receivers and has had basically no running game, Colts defense is not good, but he still leads the team to the playoffs and puts up good numbers.

Folks, so Flacco is not a 1st tier QB, hasn't passed for over 4000 yds in a season and plays mediocre in regular season. LOL

But damn , has he not gone to post season 6 out of 7 years. Has he not won a SB and was MVP of that SB. Did he not get to be the 1st QB in his 5th year to make 20 million a year in the nfl. Did he not have a historic post season in 2012, that only select QBs in the nfl had(Montana).

I'll take Flacco and his abilities over any QB in the division. For doing so poorly according to the talking heads, he has set some records already.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Dalton has always had AJ Green and still stinks it up in the big moments, why don't these people realize that when comparing him to Joe.
    He stinks it up in regular moments when you take A.J. away.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Folks, so Flacco is not a 1st tier QB, hasn't passed for over 4000 yds in a season and plays mediocre in regular season. LOL

But damn , has he not gone to post season 6 out of 7 years. Has he not won a SB and was MVP of that SB. Did he not get to be the 1st QB in his 5th year to make 20 million a year in the nfl. Did he not have a historic post season in 2012, that only select QBs in the nfl had(Montana).

I'll take Flacco and his abilities over any QB in the division. For doing so poorly according to the talking heads, he has set some records already.
    If Flacco becomes more consistent we most likely win the division. Also try to get a 1st wk bye in the Playoffs. Jus sayin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy Supreme View Post
    If Flacco becomes more consistent we most likely win the division. Also try to get a 1st wk bye in the Playoffs. Jus sayin.
    If Flacco's receivers hold on to his passes, That could very well happen, just saying, LOL.
    Dalton had the receivers who got separation, his passes were not thrown well at times.

I'll ride with #5.

Tresteman will show the world a Flacco that'll make their heads spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    He stinks it up in regular moments when you take A.J. away.
    He just stinks period lol

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    He just stinks period lol
    Dalton is manure lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Given the criteria, I'd actually say Luck fits in the first category, perhaps more than any other QB listed there other than Brees. He has not had great receivers and has had basically no running game, Colts defense is not good, but he still leads the team to the playoffs and puts up good numbers.
    I would agree with that; no run game, horrible Oline and just finds a way to win 11 games.

OTOH - Peyton Manning today is a top 5 QB? No mobility, weak arm which fades when the weather turns cold. I know he's Peyton Manning but father time is undefeated and he has this guy on the ropes

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!