Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: 4 Marines Killed in Chatanooga

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    LMAO. Imagine if those were two black dudes just standing around with loaded rifles. Lead news story tonight would be how police had already killed them.
    LOL! I'm afraid you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    LMAO. Imagine if those were two black dudes just standing around with loaded rifles. Lead news story tonight would be how police had already killed them.
    I know you're joking around but there were some black guys amongst one of the groups.

Some of the more idiotic open carry groups (the ones that like to walk into a Chipotle and scare the bejeebus out of everyone) have quite a few black members, particularly here in Houston.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Some of the more idiotic open carry groups (the ones that like to walk into a Chipotle and scare the bejeebus out of everyone) have quite a few black members, particularly here in Houston.
    those groups do annoy me, the ones that are making a show of it. so counterproductive to any legitimate debate.

thats coming from somebody that believes everyone should conceal carry though for the reason of not scaring the bejeebus out of everyone.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    those groups do annoy me, the ones that are making a show of it. so counterproductive to any legitimate debate.

thats coming from somebody that believes everyone should conceal carry though for the reason of not scaring the bejeebus out of everyone.
    Agreed. Thankfully, with the passage of open carry in Texas, those groups have been marginalized for the most part. They've pretty much stopped with their nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post

I'm not a gun nut, but I've never been intimidated by openly carried firearms as long as it's a properly holstered weapon. My grandfather carried one here and there, like when were checking small game traps. He had a permit, was a Sheriff's posse enlistee and, admittedly, we lived in the sticks. The only open carry people I despise are the jackasses carrying rifles in their hands, like wanna-be soldiers.

5 Marines killed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    I'm not a gun nut, but I've never been intimidated by openly carried firearms as long as it's a properly holstered weapon. My grandfather carried one here and there, like when were checking small game traps. He had a permit, was a Sheriff's posse enlistee and, admittedly, we lived in the sticks. The only open carry people I despise are the jackasses carrying rifles in their hands, like wanna-be soldiers.
    i grew up rather country, so im used to people carrying knives openly, and occasionally a gun, but its still rather odd for me to see in a public setting. I think it about whats common. so there is an argument that if it were more common people would be more used to it and it wouldnt cause panic, but I think those times have passed us by in majority of the country. Its still true in mountain towns, the planes, south west, etc where carrying a gun for protection of animals you may see in the wild is more common and therefore an after thought. the way my hometown has changed from when I grew up till now is quite drastic, and those same things I witnessed growing up, i no longer see with such frequency. in general I think it causes more panic than anything.

those guys that take AKs to walmart and film the whole thing are a different argument all together imo. Theyre just grandstanding and purposely trying to bring an uproar. I have more issue with that, than the guy thats quietly just open carrying having a debate about why he wants to open carry. I do think theres legitimate reasons for such, though id prefer everyone conceal. Its kind of like smoking to me. Its your choice, but it shouldnt effect me. making me worried about your unknown intentions is effecting me not unlike making me worried if ill get cancer by breathing in 2nd hand smoke.
    -JAB

Anyone else find it strange how little we know about this guy?

The rabbit hole may be incredibly deep on this one...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Anyone else find it strange how little we know about this guy?

The rabbit hole may be incredibly deep on this one...
    What do you mean? Seems like we know as much with him as we do other mass shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What do you mean? Seems like we know as much with him as we do other mass shooters.

I've been busy and away for 45 days or so, but since late July has anything of substance been discovered?
    http://time.com/3962344/chattanooga-...ef-abdulazeez/

Was he afflicted with depression?
    Had he any prior instances of violence?
    Did he associate with any radical organizations?

He made a trip (or two) over to the ME, but I recall "the trail" going cold from there.
    From the public domain perspective, this guy woke up and killed 5 people. No motive, no SM rant or manifest, and seemingly, no assistance.

I guess b/c it's a DoJ/DHS investigation things are supposed to stay quiet, but I guess I expected some amplifying info on this guy by now.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I've been busy and away for 45 days or so, but since late July has anything of substance been discovered?
    http://time.com/3962344/chattanooga-...ef-abdulazeez/

Was he afflicted with depression?
    Had he any prior instances of violence?
    Did he associate with any radical organizations?

He made a trip (or two) over to the ME, but I recall "the trail" going cold from there.
    From the public domain perspective, this guy woke up and killed 5 people. No motive, no SM rant or manifest, and seemingly, no assistance.

I guess b/c it's a DoJ/DHS investigation things are supposed to stay quiet, but I guess I expected some amplifying info on this guy by now.
    Do we know these types of things about other mass shooters? Seems to me we don't ever know that much detail until much later down the road.

And would we know that kind of detail if this guy was a simple lone wolf? We didn't really know all that much about the shooter in LA either.