Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Face Facts

Re: Face Facts

By "myth" I meant Boller being "Billick's boy," not the throwing from the knees thing. Which should have been clear enough from my follow up question about Leftwich, but apparently I need to use shorter words or something.

I am sure all our regular posters, with one exception, understood that. But in case any lurkers are as brainless as that one who didn't understand, I am posting this little footnote to make that clear.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

festivus, Tex still believes Redman was the next johnny U, and he blames Boller for Redman's failure. You completely lost him when you atrted talking about how awful Redman was.

I know. I just worried, and I shouldn't have, that others out there might have been as confused as Tex. I suppose I owe an apology to our lurkers. . . :grbac:
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    festivus, Tex still believes Redman was the next johnny U, and he blames Boller for Redman's failure. You completely lost him when you atrted talking about how awful Redman was.
    Rams Game. Next.

So IF there is a change for next year, who / what do people want?

I've got Tex down for Matt Ryan at all costs, who else?

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    I know. I just worried, and I shouldn't have, that others out there might have been as confused as Tex. I suppose I owe an apology to our lurkers. . . :grbac:
    Hey festivus, I understood you. No apology necessary. :)
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

Ahh, you're not a lurker flraven. Now if RustonRifle is still paying attention, *he* would qualify as a lurker. :)
    Festivus

I want to go with Boller.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus
    festivus, you DO owe the lurkers an apology -- do you really think they are on Tex-level? I think not.

I'll go with Boller too. Not that I think he'll get us to the Superbowl. I don't think any QB will be able to get us to the playoffs next year as I see it being a losing season. If we draft a QB and let him sit a year with Boller starting, I could live with that. As far as Troy Smith....sorry, he's never gonna make it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Rams Game. Next.

So IF there is a change for next year, who / what do people want?

I've got Tex down for Matt Ryan at all costs, who else?
    I think Dennis Dixon out of Oregon would be a great fit. He's quite mobile and has a great arm. Matt Ryan ain't bad....I just don't think it's worth all the draft picks we'd have to give up to go get him. We'll still be in the high to low 20's when we pick!

Here is the key stats for Dixon: 75 for 416 and 7 TD's!!! Thats rushing stats. Since he has a nose for the endzone, it would give the Red-Zone 'O' that many more options!......Think about it, 3 or 4 wideouts and McGahee in the back. Opposing D's would have a tough time covering everyone!!!
    Last edited by 4G63; 10-27-2007 at 02:37 PM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Yes, another Michael Vick! The last running QB to win a Super Bowl was . . . ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Yes, another Michael Vick! The last running QB to win a Super Bowl was . . . ?
    Michael Vick was an idiot on and off the field.

I never said he had to run, just the ability to run. In fact, I think he would be great in our current offense. He is basically a younger version of Steve McNair! Think about how many times McNair scored TD's in the redzone when all his other options were gone. McNair made it to the Super Bowl with both his arms and his legs!!!
    Last edited by 4G63; 10-27-2007 at 04:50 PM.