Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Face Facts

Re: Face Facts

I don't think DA would do well in this offense!!

It's going to take more than just the next sorry soul to get on the carousel.

I'm sorry, but I've finally cracked. Sign me up as a Billick hater or whatever you want, but there is one constant in all of this bloody ineptitude, and that's Billick.

There are great things about him sure, but he needs to go or this team will constantly underachieve, unless they're expected to do poorly and play an easier schedule. Then once people believe in them they will crumble again.

Note: Billick's 3 best years were based around 3 of the most dominant defenses of the last 15 years.

ER, wait until the end of the season before you are completely broken. Try. Season ends today? Like I said, the needle is on 'fire'. But the season doesn't end today.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Sure doesn't, then I'd be in football withdrawal for months.

I'm just not confident in the ability to turn things around. The team screwed up the easiest segment of the schedule, but I may be surprised. In some ways I hope I am.

We'll see how this plays out. If they keep playing to the level of competition, maybe Indy or NE or some other team makes a big mistake and we steal a big game here or there
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 10-24-2007 at 11:57 AM.

It is possible that McNabb will be looking for a new home next off season. Think he will be a good in BMore?

I agree with Tex, I want no part of McNabb ~ let him go to Chicago if he leaves Philly, then we're in a better position to get the real deal in the draft anyhow.

We'll see what happens. I expect the QB position will be addressed in the offseason in a meaningful way. If not, maybe Troy Smith is showing something we don't know.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, it's a long time before this is really relevant

So our choices are going with another aging vet at the end of their career or gambling with a high draft pick. Why don't we just get some real talent at wide receiver and o-line and see how we do with what we have?

O Line and wide receiver talent is there. The weak link, to my amateur eyes anyway, is at QB. Don't need McNabb, would like a legitimately excellent qb. We haven't had one in ages. . . It's been so long people confuse the parade of mediocrity we've had with legitimate quality qb's.

Unless you count Grbac you have to go back to pre-Billick Vinny. For all that people cry about Billick, he really hasn't had a whole lot to work with at arguably the most important position on the field.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

For all that people cry about Billick, he really hasn't had a whole lot to work with at arguably the most important position on the field.
    I agree and you are right we are doing this way too much lately.
    The QBs and offensive players that have been drafted into this system have been horrendous. The FO has scored big on the defensive side of the ball so all is not lost.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I can recall five 1st rounders drafted on offense since '99.

Jamal Lewis
    Travis Taylor
    Todd Heap
    Kyle Boller
    Ben Grubbs

Fair to say they got three legitimate quality players in Lewis, Grubbs and Heap, one bust in Taylor, and one reach (hey, he's still in the league and productive as a backup) in Boller. Not terrible. But they have had a ton of FA busts and 'scrap heap' - remember that term? - guys filling out the roster.

Anyway we'll see how the rest of the season goes. I'm looking forward to good games and praying we'll steal one from IND/SD/NE.

One thing's for sure - we won't be coasting into the playoffs *this* year.
    Festivus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    For all that people cry about Billick, he really hasn't had a whole lot to work with at arguably the most important position on the field.
    But wasn't Boller his boy? Maybe he should be in the shotgun on one knee since he apparently could throw it 60yds on one knee. Oh, thats right, when your knee touches the ground the play is over! Why was that all I heard when we drafted him?

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    But wasn't Boller his boy? Maybe he should be in the shotgun on one knee since he apparently could throw it 60yds on one knee. Oh, thats right, when your knee touches the ground the play is over! Why was that all I heard when we drafted him?
    Stupid @#$!ing myth that won't go away.

Everyone says that but it doesn't make it true.

What qb did we have on the roster before Boller? Remember? Think, think, think.

Remember?

The fabled Chris Redman. *That's* why the FO brought in a 1st round QB. The untimely departure of Elvis Grbac put the FO in a position where they were desperate for someone with more skills, or at least more upside, then the limp armed, bad backed, gentlemanly college phenom Redman.

Remember, in this organization they will not tell you *ever* anything bad about their own players. Noone will tell the papers, or us here on this message board, that the FO was forced to reach for a QB in the draft because the only guy on the payroll at the time could not cut the mustard. They won't tell us that. They would rather let us draw our own opinions, however uninformed they may be.

And if the FO had been successful at getting Leftwich, would that have made Leftwich "Billick's boy"?
    Festivus

Quote Originally Posted by festivus
    Stupid @#$!ing myth that won't go away.
    And if the FO had been successful at getting Leftwich, would that have made Leftwich "Billick's boy"?
    That's the other part of the myth, that it was Billick's decision to draft Boller, as if Ozzie didn't have a say in it. It's the other way around -- Billick has a say, but it's ultimately Ozzie's call, and he has a pretty good track record.