Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Face Facts

Face Facts

Lets be real be here. How many people think Steve McNair will be wearing purple next year.

Personally I think he will retire, if not he won't be any better.
    Kyle Boller has grown into a capable backup nothing more.
    Who knows what Troy Smith will do? He's unproven.

Face facts we will be no better off at the QB position at the end of this season then we were at the end of '05.

Blog Entries

Re: Face Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Lets be real be here. How many people think Steve McNair will be wearing purple next year.

Personally I think he will retire, if not he won't be any better.
    Kyle Boller has grown into a capable backup nothing more.
    Who knows what Troy Smith will do? He's unproven.

Face facts we will be no better off at the QB position at the end of this season then we were at the end of '05.
    Agreed......we need a fresh start! A young QB and and a new head coach will do wonders!!

Correct!! In terms of production there is simply not much difference between Boller and McNair. Hopefully we will be able to upgrade that position for next year.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Yep, without a doubt there are some real changes that need to happen.

Upgrade the QB
    Probably fire the entire offensive staff, get an outside OC and let him hire his own people.
    Upgrade the head coach.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 10-21-2007 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Yep, without a doubt there are some real changes that need to happen.

Upgrade the QB
    Probably fire the entire offensive staff, get an outside OC and let him hire his own people.
    Upgrade the head coach.
    Yes, yes, and wait and see how the year plays out.

Really we are not with our personnel (and injuries) an elite team this year. The fact that the Patriots and, to a lesser extent, the Colts, are SO good this year makes it easier for me to contemplate seeing what can be done with the rest of the year, even if we don't win the Super Bowl. Or Conference. Or Division.

Wait and see on HC. The OC is responsible for instituting the scheme, with the HC, regardless of what plays are called on the field, they are called from the scheme. So perhaps an upgrade there?

But I doubt it. Normally you only get to fire so many OC's before you have to go yourself.

So I think the needle may now be pointing toward 'Fire,' but nothing will or should happen mid season. So like the FO I will make my decision after the season is over.

A little stream of consciousness right there, but I think it all sticks together.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

I don't think Billick should go now, but before the team meets in Westminster next summer!!!

Upgrade the HC is definitely a wait and see, but looking at the schedule, something drastic is going to have to happen to improve this team.

Given the track record, I'm not seeing how it's going to happen even though I want to be optimistic.

Sad thing is that even if Balt end up 6-10 there will be enough teams worse that the Ravens won't have a legit shot at being able to choose what big time QB they'd want. Even some of these bad teams that don't need QBs (Rams, Miami drafted beck last year so debatable) would just trade slots to the highest bidder. Plus, you can bet that Jerry Jones is going all out for McFadden so that will increase the price of trading along with the idea Ozzie's not about to trade a 1st next year to move up given history.

It's not pretty, but something good could come out of this. There is a ton of offensive talent on this team that is being wasted. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    There is a ton of offensive talent on this team that is being wasted. Period.

True. Look at this O on paper and your think easily a top ten offense.

What QB's are coming out of college next year?

Brohm, Woodson, Ryan, Brennan, Ainge, Henne, Dixon are the one off the top of my head.

Brohm is 90% going to Atlanta

Woodson and Ryan will probably end up with other teams given current records. Carolina needs a new QB, Chicago needs a new QB, Miami might take a QB regardless...someone could trade up with the Rams to get one.

So odds are the "big three" will be gone before the Ravens pick. There is a chance one will still be around, especially if the mcnabb-bears thing plays out.

Otherwise, Ravens are going to have to pick the best of the "second tier" Qbs

I'm not sure who I like out of those....but I'm leaning towards Brennan at the moment.

Many of the other problems may be fixed by smart free agent signings, but something tells me the team is up against cap hell again and it's going to be ugly.

The way the Ravens are going right now, there is no reason to believe they won't be picking in the early-mid teens. That could/should be high enough to grab one of the top 3. If they are that serious about getting one, they could even move up to get one if they are high enough to begin with.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Is Derrick Anderson a free agent next year? ;)

Wink Re: Face Facts

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    I thought I read where he will be a "restricted" free agent. I would love to see him replace Boller on the roster. Maybe the Browns will want to start Quinn and be willing to swap Anderson for Boller as a backup with the Ravens giving them a draft pick to help even it up. ;)

Don't bogart that joint Tex
    Pass it on over here . . .
    :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag:
    If you ain't the lead dog,
    don't complain about the view . . .