Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 37 to 47 of 47

Thread: Face Facts

  1. #37

    Re: Face Facts



    Dixon looked pretty good again...it'll be interesting to see what happens. I don't think he'll be able to run the VERY popular spread-option (Illinois also runs that same offense). And will he play baseball instead?

    I was pretty impressed with Todd Boechman's performance against Penn State too. There was the one pick and he got drilled on the blindside, but he's got some GREAT touch on those passes down the field. It was really uncanny how good some of those were...better than I've seen from the recent carousel of professional QBs in town. He's also a junior, so it might be interesting to see if he comes out.




  2. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Face Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    I was pretty impressed with Todd Boechman's performance against Penn State too. There was the one pick and he got drilled on the blindside, but he's got some GREAT touch on those passes down the field. It was really uncanny how good some of those were...better than I've seen from the recent carousel of professional QBs in town. He's also a junior, so it might be interesting to see if he comes out.
    Boeckman did look pretty good last night but I don't think he's gonna come out this year, since he's a Junior. If he does, I doubt he'll be a first-rounder.....




  3. #39

    Re: Face Facts

    I don't think he'll come out either. Too many QBs with higher stock and it'll serve him better to stay in school and be one of the top 2-3 QBs in the draft the following year.

    Funny how I thought that about Colt Brennan and he might be out of the first entirely now.




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,826

    Re: Face Facts

    I've watch this one kid play two weeks in a row, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon..... Ravens draft MATT RYAN!!!!
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  5. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Face Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I've watch this one kid play two weeks in a row, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon..... Ravens draft MATT RYAN!!!!
    I don't think we'll be high enough to get him! I think we would have to give up a lot of picks as well!?! He does look really good though.
    Last edited by 4G63; 10-28-2007 at 11:15 PM.




  6. #42

    Re: Face Facts

    Ravens draft MATT RYAN!!!!
    A lot of teams will want to draft Matt Ryan -- I doubt he'll just fall into our laps. Unless we trade up, I don't think he'll be on the board when we come up.




  7. #43

    Re: Face Facts

    I actually kind of like the idea of Dixon. With current offensive personnel, a pretty similar offense can be run.

    Hell, the pats basically run that offense without the running. Imagine if there is a solid back in McGahee and a guy like Dixon that is a serious threat to run, even if he doesn't do it often the team will have to spy on him or he could take off.

    Doubtful, and Dixon might get killed because he's a little slight in terms of ability to take NFL punishment. Then there is the baseball thing with him too. That might make him available in the second and the top flight QBs of Brohm, Woodson, and Ryan might be gone in the top 15, leaving very few QB interested teams in a seemingly deep QB class at the moment...




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Face Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    I actually kind of like the idea of Dixon. With current offensive personnel, a pretty similar offense can be run.

    Hell, the pats basically run that offense without the running. Imagine if there is a solid back in McGahee and a guy like Dixon that is a serious threat to run, even if he doesn't do it often the team will have to spy on him or he could take off.
    Yes....someone else is drinking my Kool-Aid!!! That last sentence sums up my feelings perfectly!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Doubtful, and Dixon might get killed because he's a little slight in terms of ability to take NFL punishment. Then there is the baseball thing with him too. That might make him available in the second and the top flight QBs of Brohm, Woodson, and Ryan might be gone in the top 15, leaving very few QB interested teams in a seemingly deep QB class at the moment...
    I agree completely....he's not a real big guy in terms of bulk! That may help him out in the long run though since he doesn't carry all that bulk, ala McNair!!!




  9. #45

    Re: Face Facts

    Tebow is really the only guy that might be able to run that offense in the NFL well because he's built like a fullback. Of course, once again, Ravens don't stink bad enough (fortunately or unfortunately) for that to happen

    Let's see how things turn out. If the team lays a big typically steamy turd against the Steelers, I think 500 is going to be a challenge for the team this year. If the team suddenly gets its character back and something changes on offense...there is a chance at things. This mainly depends on a few things: Pryce, Rolle, Cmac all need to be healthy...Pittman needs to find a way to get on the field as the nickel back because Ivy is going to be flat out abused by Welker or Stallworth...well, or any receiver that's #2 or #3 quality.

    I'll be back to debate this more after the "big stretch" is done.

    Edit: I found some Dixon footage and I'm liking him a bit more than before. You really need to watch some film before you dismiss the guy.

    1: he's got a gear Vinsanity doesn't have: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81830294900977

    2: Check out the balls around :32 and 3:00. I was pretty impressed at how well he hit those targets downfield. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm0jCiLv9Ds

    We'll see, like I said, still lots of football left to play in both the college season and in the nfl.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 10-31-2007 at 10:37 AM.




  10. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    4,971
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Face Facts

    Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Edit: I found some Dixon footage and I'm liking him a bit more than before. You really need to watch some film before you dismiss the guy.

    1: he's got a gear Vinsanity doesn't have: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...81830294900977

    2: Check out the balls around :32 and 3:00. I was pretty impressed at how well he hit those targets downfield. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm0jCiLv9Ds

    We'll see, like I said, still lots of football left to play in both the college season and in the nfl.
    He's one of the fastest guys on the field.......

    Speaking of throwing it, thats when I fell in love with Dixon was during that Michigan game! Like you said, he has the ability to throw the ACCURATE bomb and run for a 40 yard or more gain!!! He had a great game yesterday against Arizona St and is being mentioned as a Heisman Trophy hopeful, which may raise him over some of the better known QB's in the draft!




  11. #47

    Re: Face Facts

    No doubt, I think we'll get more Kool-Aid drinkers after that game. Highlights don't do justice to the way Dixon is able to hide the ball on everything from play action to statue of liberty to the option.

    And if you want to say Dixon threw the ball badly in the second half, that's simply not true. #4 Williams....really. He dropped a PERFECT deep ball and three other passes which is the primary reason the Duck offense stalled. Even with those 4 drops, 13/22. Pretty solid and he sat out much of the 4th.

    We'll see here, still lots of college football left along with the combine and hell, what will the ravens record be and will there be a front office or coach shakeup?

    Still, I feel good saying I'd want Dixon if the Ravens pick a QB early.

    For you non-watchers: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=273072483

    Here is a feature article from SI:
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

    EDIT: Jackpot on highlights
    stanford game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPreM4cEFNU
    Fresno state game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWWfqzfAcP4
    Washington game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwmfJ6rCz5M
    Michigan game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qgy540sPnk
    USC game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbfwRuWgKKw
    Cal game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL9gt1dVFKU
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 11-04-2007 at 12:40 PM.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland