Ravens @ 49ers 2015 thoughts?

Considering taking a roadtrip to see the Ravens play in San Francisco this October.

Any general thoughts on seeing a game in SF? Good place for visiting fans or can it be rough? Never been to San Francisco but have always wanted to check the city out so thinking this is the year to do it.

I'm looking at two competing trips being offered online: BMore Around Town and RavensTrips. Anyone here have any good or bad reports from either. Any preferences for one company over the other?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens @ 49ers 2015 thoughts?

Went there 8 years ago, last time the Ravens played there. Best time I ever had on a road trip. I was shocked how many Ravens fans went to that game.

A lot to do in SF--,great bars and restaurants, funky neighborhoods. Different things to do for different interests. I loved Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, North Beach (SF's version of Little Italy), Muir Woods, Napa and Sausalito.

This year will be a little different . With the stadium being in Santa Clara, you are going to have to take a train from SF to the stadium. Also tickets to the new stadium will be less available. Eight years ago The 49ers stunk and there were plenty available tickets. The new stadium is sold out so we will have to pay more for tickets through stub hub.

Even with the changes my wife and I are still going with friends. SF is too cool of a town to pass up.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 07-12-2015 at 11:23 AM.

Re: Ravens @ 49ers 2015 thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Went there 8 years ago, last time the Ravens played there. Best time I ever had on a road trip. I was shocked how many Ravens fans went to that game.

A lot to do in SF--,great bars and restaurants, funky neighborhoods. Different things to do for different interests. I loved Walking across the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, North Beach (SF's version of Little Italy), Muir Woods, Napa and Sausalito.

This year will be a little different . With the stadium being in Santa Clara, you are going to have to take a train from SF to the stadium. Also tickets to the new stadium will be less available. Eight years ago The 49ers stunk and there were plenty available tickets. The new stadium is sold out so we will have to pay more for tickets through stub hub.

Even with the changes my wife and I are still going with friends. SF is too cool of a town to pass up.
    Thanks Ed. Great info! The trip I'm doing includes a chartered bus to the stadium from downtown SF so that's one less issue I have to deal with. We are definitely planning Alcatraz, GG bridge, Fisherman's Warf, and hoping to do a daytrip to Napa Valley.

We signed up for the Bmore Around Town trip. Had a great time with them the last trip I did and I liked his setup a little better than the one RavensTrips is offering (granted it costs a little more too, but I thought it was worth it).

Really excited to go. Let me know where you end up - would love to hook up with more Ravens fans out there! Hoping for a lot of purple out there this year even with the higher price of tickets. Pumped to see that stadium as well!