Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Bill Barnwell Calls Flacco's Contract 2nd Worst Among QBs, Calls Flacco an "Average" QB

honestly the only QBs not overpaid are luck and wilson who are under their rookie deals

Re: Bill Barnwell Calls Flacco's Contract 2nd Worst Among QBs, Calls Flacco an "Average" QB

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    TL;DR version: Barnwell can go fuck himself with a rusty chainsaw--sideways.
    I'm not sure, but I think I get your drift. Next time, try not to mask your feelings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think I get your drift. Next time, try not to mask your feelings.
    Yeah, I gotta work on getting past my well-known reticence...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

This isn't the mlb. NFL contracts are almost mere placeholders with how they get manipulated and torn up.

I just hate the hypocrisy.

You can't be sympathetic towards eli and bash flacco.

You can't claim flacco benefitted from defense and conveniently dismiss that big Ben did.

Be consistent. Be fair. Don't be biased.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    This isn't the mlb. NFL contracts are almost mere placeholders with how they get manipulated and torn up.

You can't claim flacco benefitted from defense and conveniently dismiss that big Ben did.

It's a Baltimore Ravens thing, media has the upper hand, they can pick and choose what they write about. Well informed fans know the true story.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post

Sports media is all but incapable of doing that.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

To be fair, it is a bad contract. It was bad when we signed it, and it's bad now. Not as much in terms of average salary, some will argue this aswell, but in terms of structure.

We have cap hits of 28, 31 and 25 million left. Matt Ryan signed a contract afterwards for slightly more money, but his cap hits will never be higher then 24. And the Falcons wont have to give Ryan a 2nd contract until 2019. We will possibly have to give Flacco a new contract next year. The new contract is gonna be richer then before.

And we still owe 84 million over the last 3 years of the contract, so there isn't much cap relief we can get to begin with. If we tag 66 million over 3 years on the end of the contract, that's 150 million over the next 6 years. Which is 25 million in average cap hits until 2022. And that's with only an 2 million dollar raise over the last 3 years, which I would call very lucky.

Any way you slice it, Flacco will have the highest cap hit in the league for several years in a row. Atleast 2016-2018. That's a bit much for people that consider Flacco in the 8th-12th range of best QB in the league. Rogders for example, won't come within 5 million of Flaccos cap hits for the remainder of his contract starting next year.

I see alot of people on this board seems to have their head buried in the sand. These cap hits are coming folks. There's no magical way to get rid of millions of dollars worth of cap hits. And Flacco is not gonna take a paycut either.

I remember people on here where thinking Flacco was gonna take 12 million annualy a couple of years ago aswell. To be fair I was one of those people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yahoomas View Post
    I see alot of people on this board seems to have their head buried in the sand. These cap hits are coming folks. There's no magical way to get rid of millions of dollars worth of cap hits. And Flacco is not gonna take a paycut either.

I remember people on here where thinking Flacco was gonna take 12 million annualy a couple of years ago aswell. To be fair I was one of those people.
    I'm so glad you have 20 - 20 vision while many of us have our heads "buried in the sand." Every team with a top notch QB has to deal with these kind of contracts at one time or other. It's all relative to where the NFL salary cap is. So, if you think Flacco is going to be overpaid, then maybe the Ravens should release him. Then our cap would have plenty of room, but the Ravens won't have a viable QB... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I'm so glad you have 20 - 20 vision while many of us have our heads "buried in the sand." Every team with a top notch QB has to deal with these kind of contracts at one time or other. It's all relative to where the NFL salary cap is. So, if you think Flacco is going to be overpaid, then maybe the Ravens should release him. Then our cap would have plenty of room, but the Ravens won't have a viable QB... Bc
    The topic is bad contracts. Doesn't have to mean overpaid. No team has yet to deal with a contract structured the way Flaccos is. While I am optimistic about the way things will turn out with a restructure, I think it will be a challenge. From reading this thread it seems alot of people think it will be a cakewalk.

Go to spottrac.com and look at cap hits for the upcoming years if you don't believe me.

Blog Entries

Superbowl MvP 11tds -0 ints in the playoff run, youngest QB to have so many wins, most playoff appearances if not more than some of the greats that play today, more playoff wins some of the greats that still play today, yea clearly Flacco is average....smh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yahoomas View Post

I'm pretty sure the Ravens FO is aware of Flacco's cap hits. And yes there is a magic way to get rid of millions of dollars of cap hits without Flacco taking a pay cut. It's called converting salary to bonus. Virtually all teams with franchise QB's do this. You "kick the can down the road" so to speak with cap dollars, but you expect your franchise QB to be on the team for years to come.