Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Billick Must Go

Blog Entries

Re: Billick Must Go

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDRowRaven View Post
    The defense will keep us in the game for so long and thats it and hoping that are offense will show up.
    I don't think our 'D' looks too good either, but I know we're banged up so I'll wait until Pissburgh to see if we should be on the same field as the Pats and Colts!!

Quote Originally Posted by 3RDRowRaven View Post
    The offense and the play calling by Billick has got to be better or we won't make the wildcard this season.

JMO.........
    What is Billick going to do differently? He obviously doesn't understand what to do on 2nd, 3rd, or 4th and 1!!!

The defense has too many horses, too many great players, to give up the time of possession, yards and points they did today. To the freakin' BILLS. I knew the offense would struggle with its injuries. But our defense should NOT be giving up points like that to a JV team.

Everybody gets a spoonful of poo for the turd they laid today. Nobody goes without.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I really believe that our team's lack of execution (and NOT the playcalling), which IS BB's fault, by the way, is the real reason this team sucks and will end up in third place this year behind the Brownies!

I am not saying the playcalling the entire game sucked...but the last series when it was 2nd and 1 and they don't run te ball one time is a total FREAKING joke. Even if you don't want BB fired, which I do, how can anyone defend his offensive scheme and playcalling any longer? He is awful...no 2 ways about it.

FM

Our offense and special teams handicapped our defense most of the day.

Penalties also killed us, particularly those awful pass interference calls against our secondary. With all those factors against the defense and an anemic offense, it was only a matter of time before 4 field goals and a TD did us in. But we still had an opportunity to win if we could only move the friggin' ball with any level of consistency.

Defense couldn't get off the field. You can't say that much is somebody else's fault.

Offense couldn't move the ball, playcalling was weird, special teams was, um, special. But it was not Kyle Boller or Brian Billick who couldn't tackle Marshawn Lynch.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

The guy had 84 yards on 27 carries.

You do the math. Not bad considering their O-line outweighed our D-Line by an average of more than 40lbs.

Not interested in relative size of the lines. Just interested in the quality of the performance. They averaged over 3 yds/rush and over 6 yds/pass. They were penalized five (six? four? think it was five) times for offsides.

I am *not* saying the defense played badly by any objective standard. Even on an off day they are better then most defenses in the NFL. But they did not play up to their potential, just like everybody else with the possible exception of Sam Koch. As I said earlier, nobody gets a pass on this one.
    Festivus

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    They were penalized five (six? four? think it was five) times for offsides.
    That's starting to be like the no huddle with the defense. Everyone knows the Ravens jump a lot, so you're going to get a lot of hard counts.

Also, anymore, realize the Ravens can't tackle.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 10-22-2007 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    We're an injured team, so that means something.

However, Billick should relinquish playcalling to Neuheisal at this point.

There are times where its obvious that he's not making a necessary adjustment.

For instance, passing wise we need to go 3 WRs more consistently, and use the shotgun more earlier in games. The patriots do this all the time.

Additionally, on a 3rd and 1 and 4th and 1, we need to run the ball / qb sneak.

Its times like that where Billick doesn't seem to make the right calls. So it goes.

Put Neuheisal at OC, and see what happens. Open up the playbook.
    A week ago there was nothing wrong with the system.

You said Billick was fine and we just needed a QB to not check down.

Ahh, the irony.

What happened?

PP

Why can't the two of you get along?? :)

With all due respect Ravenous, the defense was getting worked by a rookie QB yesterday. There is no way to get around that. Worked. Lee Evans caught a ball in the middle of the field that he bobbled for 23 seconds, and stopped to get control of, and not a single defender was within 5 yards of him! No anemic offensive performance changes that.

One turnover?? The whole game one turnover. And Sypnewski coughed one up earlier in the game, so we didn't win any turnover battles either.

EVERYONE needs to take a bite of the shit sandwich that was yesterday's loss (except maybe McGahee who did his job). And that includes our head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by ramair31 View Post
    Actually the Ravens had the high scoring offense with pro bowl player Testaverde 8 and 9 years ago.
    More like 11 years ago