Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: The "Don't bury me just yet" list......

First and foremost. WHAT IS UP WXKEVIN!! It has been forever man. If we can get GKB to get in here things will really be nice.

Adam Terry has won me over. You have to put into perspective that Adam Terry went against great passrushers for two weeks in a row. You have to give credit to the opposition sometimes, and you must forget that Terry is still young, so he'll win and lose some battles.
    I've been pretty upbeat on Terry. People have to understand that OL guys take a couple of years to develop. Look at Kansas City's line. They are some of the oldest in the league, but then look at the job they do for Trent Green. That takes time, and experience. So I am expecting Adam Terry to be one of our starting bookends in the next year or two.

Cory Ross may make the practice squad, but he hasn't done anything to beat out B.J. Sams for the job. According to Aaron Wilson, it seems as though BJ Sams has secured his job.
    That's a shame because he won't be there for very long. If that's the case, I would just go ahead and hide Cory Ross the rest of the preseason and not let any other teams get a look at him. Because PK returners can always be of help to a team, and Ross won't last on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    Cory Ross may make the practice squad, but he hasn't done anything to beat out B.J. Sams for the job. According to Aaron Wilson, it seems as though BJ Sams has secured his job.

He may not beat out Sams, but Ross will make this team, or he will suddenly get "migraines" and go on "IR." They are not going to place him on PS. Ross can also run the ball on offense pretty well and brings something different from Musa, Jamal, and MA.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor

2. DEVARD DARLING. Many had also written him off (not me on this one) and believed that UDFA WRs were going to beat him out. As I said then, he was drafted in the 3rd round and the team was going to give him every opportunity to prove himself. WRs often take some time to develop, so IMO, those giving up on him were being too hasty. By all reports, he's had a very good camp and now, finally, he's put together a good preseason game.
    People were insisting that he was going to lose his spot to Rombey Bryant. There was no way they were going to cut him this year...even without this game because he was having such a great camp. His problem has been injuries...and he seems to be over them.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon
    This is another example of where competition seems to have created good results. Whether it's fear of losing his job or just plan maturity, Sams seems to be attacking his returns more. Whereas he used to try and get too cute (although he did do it once last night - at least, I think it was him), he seems more assertive and agressive in turning the ball up field instead of trying to take it outside and getting turned sideways (and then flattened).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

It's great seeing DVD having his game on Thurs. What I would like to see is him and Williams getting some 1st team reps next week. We know what Mason can do so let Clayton, DVD, and Williams have their time.

Musa has been THE story and correct me if I'm wrong but I believe he will be used for 3rd and longs which will mean he will ample opportunity to play. I'm not ready to extent him just yet or trade MA anywhere. Let's use the depth that we to our advantage. I'm sure we'll need it somewhere down the road this year. As for his speed, I remember as well that he was a "Jamal look-a-like" without his speed. He sure looked damn fast to me.

Looking forward to next week's game.

IIRC Musa was having a great game against Dallas before Roy Williams horse-collared him.

He may be in running for CPOTY like the other poster mentioned.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton

IIRC Musa was having a great game against Dallas before Roy Williams horse-collared him.
    Think about what might have happened if that leg break never happened. You think Musa might already be our feature back and Jamal would be elsewhere this year?

Its very possbile Stinger.

Chester Taylor might be a nobody right now, as opposed to after this year when he doesnt do jack in Minny.

I love what if scenarios.
    "This year, our attitude when we’re on the field is we’re attacking, we want to put points on the board and then let our defense pin their ears back and have at it."
    -Mark Clayton