Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Jenner

Blog Entries

Bruce Jenner

Came across this story on Yahoo!

http://news.yahoo.com/caitlyn-jenner...173958832.html

This whole thing is beyond strange to me, I'm not even going to try to comprehend what's going on his mind.

What I was wondering, is a guy who says he still likes women, keeps his package does he really want to be called she?

Re: Bruce Jenner

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Came across this story on Yahoo!

http://news.yahoo.com/caitlyn-jenner...173958832.html

This whole thing is beyond strange to me, I'm not even going to try to comprehend what's going on his mind.

What I was wondering, is a guy who says he still likes women, keeps his package does he really want to be called she?
    Yes. Gender identity is not the same as attraction / sexuality.

My brother in law is a post operative woman now. She describes it as being in a body you loathe; that everything in your brain is telling you you're a woman but when you look in the mirror, you're seeing someone else. It's not you.

As for her sexuality, she's attracted to women and is married to her partner. They live in Seattle and have a fantastic life.

So yes, it's indeed hard to comprehend what's going on in her mind since she's been so conflicted over something that second nature to you and I.

Blog Entries

any kids before the change?

im kind of curious how the kids handle it. Still call him dad, or consider it 2 moms now?

To me id assume its just a relief to finally feel comfortable in your own skin. The change is more about those close to you in this case accepting and dealing with it.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I just think this whole thing is bigger than it should be. Wanna be a woman? Who cares go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I just think this whole thing is bigger than it should be. Wanna be a woman? Who cares go for it.
    I think that's the end game for all transgendered people.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    any kids before the change?

im kind of curious how the kids handle it. Still call him dad, or consider it 2 moms now?

To me id assume its just a relief to finally feel comfortable in your own skin. The change is more about those close to you in this case accepting and dealing with it.
    No kids. And that's a great topic of conversation next time we speak. I was so fascinated with the before, I've never asked about the after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yes. Gender identity is not the same as attraction / sexuality.

My brother in law is a post operative woman now. She describes it as being in a body you loathe; that everything in your brain is telling you you're a woman but when you look in the mirror, you're seeing someone else. It's not you.

As for her sexuality, she's attracted to women and is married to her partner. They live in Seattle and have a fantastic life.

So yes, it's indeed hard to comprehend what's going on in her mind since she's been so conflicted over something that second nature to you and I.
    "A body you loathe" interesting. Do they wish they hadn't gone through with it?

"A body you loathe" interesting. Do they wish they hadn't gone through with it?
    The body she loathed was the one she was born with. So yes, she's very happy she went through with it.

Blog Entries

The body she loathed was the one she was born with. So yes, she's very happy she went through with it.
    I misunderstood. I thought you mean they were in a body they loathe now.

Like I said, I'm not going to even try to comprehend what's going on in someones mind to make them want to go through everything you have to go through to get that accomplished. But Bruce is always going to be a "he" to me - dude won the fucking decathlon for crying out loud.

I'm happy for Caitlyn. If it makes her happier, I say more power to her! Hopefully this will lead to more acceptance for the transgender community

I misunderstood. I thought you mean they were in a body they loathe now.

Like I said, I'm not going to even try to comprehend what's going on in someones mind to make them want to go through everything you have to go through to get that accomplished. But Bruce is always going to be a "he" to me - dude won the fucking decathlon for crying out loud.
    Women win decathlon's too.

Blog Entries

Women win decathlon's too.
    Not against men...