Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2015 PFF Depth Chart

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Ravenswin has a point if you look at that chart. It does look thin and after last year it's hard to assume we'll be injury free.
    Overall or just the secondary?

I just don't see any positions on the field where we aren't ridiculously deep other than safety and MLB, where I wouldn't exactly say we are thin either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

I just don't see any positions on the field where we aren't ridiculously deep other than safety and MLB, where I wouldn't exactly say we are thin either.
    IMHO we have depth in the backend but the quality drops off quite a bit after the starters. I'm sure they'll continue to scan every team's cuts and see if an upgrade becomes available, otherwise they'll scheme and do the best they can.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Can you imagine what it would be like if Arthur Brown and Matt Elam simply move up to "average"?

And how stacked is the O Line? Holy smokes. We knew they were good, but seeing it in this format puts a new perspective on it. Didn't realize that KO and Wagner were rated so highly. OF course I have heard PFFs ratings should be taken with a grain of salt, in general.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post

Overall great! Thin only in the secondary. Seriously, composition-wise are we really that different than last year? I lieu of Darien Stewart we have Kendrick Lewis. This is the third year we've tried a short-term free safety signing. Year one we had to have Elam come in to replace that guy! ELAM! Last year, Stewart was just not a Raven, but better. Lewis seems right to me but the fact is he is unproven in a challenging Ravens system. We didn't draft a safety this year and while Brooks is an awesome athlete, there is that play in N.O. Took away the warm fuzzy feeling didn't it? Of course there's Smitty and Webby. Now don't get me wrong, I wear a Webby jersey and thems ain't easy to find! Smith is elite, but these guys are hurt a lot. Just a fact. Kyle Arrington is proven and should shore up the slot, but depth wise Vaughn is someone we can only hope works out better than Franks or Cox or that guy who got hurt on day one of camp last year. The most tangible thing we have to rest our hope on with the secondary is that fate is never so cruel as to body slam us with the injury bug two years in a row. All that negativity aside call me crazy. I honestly BELIEVE it will be really good this year.
    Last edited by BlackBeak; 06-02-2015 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Replaced Robinson with Arrington

Overall great! Thin only in the secondary. Seriously, composition-wise are we really that different than last year? I lieu of Darien Stewart we have Kendrick Lewis. This is the third year we've tried a short-term free safety signing. Year one we had to have Elam come in to replace that guy! ELAM! Last year, Stewart was just not a Raven, but better. Lewis seems right to me but the fact is he is unproven in a challenging Ravens system. We didn't draft a safety this year and while Brooks is an awesome athlete, there is that play in N.O. Took away the warm fuzzy feeling didn't it? Of course there's Smitty and Webby. Now don't get me wrong, I wear a Webby jersey and thems ain't easy to find! Smith is elite, but these guys are hurt a lot. Just a fact. Aldrick Robinson is proven and should shore up the slot, but depth wise Vaughn is someone we can only hope works out better than Franks or Cox or that guy who got hurt on day one of camp last year. The most tangible thing we have to rest our hope on with the secondary is that fate is never so cruel as to body slam us with the injury bug two years in a row. All that negativity aside call me crazy. I honestly BELIEVE it will be really good this year.
    Lewis is better than Stewart. Also New Orleans was just one play for Brooks,far too early to call it a career.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Lewis is better than Stewart. Also New Orleans was just one play for Brooks,far too early to call it a career.

I really don't understand what you're trying to say.
    I'm saying that the post Super Bowl secondary is the one area of the team where they haven't built proven depth and quality. We missed with our top draft pick, haven't had Daryl Smith type success with the low cost free agents, haven't seized on a gold nugget UFA and our best players have injury histories. I think our luck will turn, but you we are resting our opinion of Brooks, Lewis, Hill and better luck with injuries on hope. And hope is not a method.

I'm saying that the post Super Bowl secondary is the one area of the team where they haven't built proven depth and quality. We missed with our top draft pick, haven't had Daryl Smith type success with the low cost free agents, haven't seized on a gold nugget UFA and our best players have injury histories. I think our luck will turn, but you we are resting our opinion of Brooks, Lewis, Hill and better luck with injuries on hope. And hope is not a method.