Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: WR Camp Battle Thread

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    This is correct. There were only three WRs in college football to not drop a pass in 2014, and Darren Waller was one of them. Vince Mayle (a guy a lot of posters here touted) had more drops (19) than any WR in college football, and his drop rate was the 11th worst in college in 2014. The Ravens probably chose the better guy.
    The Browns draft the WR with the worst hands. The jokes tell themselves.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

Carter:Campanaro as Flacco:Troy Smith

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Carter:Campanaro as Flacco:Troy Smith
    Wow. You really think Carter is that much better than Campanero?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    As much as I like Campanaro if he doesn't get his injury situation going in the right direction it won't matter if he's better than Carter, it will come down to who is the healthier of the two on top of actual talent.

They both seem to have been valued the same by the Ravens and NFL as 7th-Priority UDFA.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    As much as I like Campanaro if he doesn't get his injury situation going in the right direction it won't matter if he's better than Carter, it will come down to who is the healthier of the two on top of actual talent.
    Kinda with you on that. Camp has a bad wrap in the league already. I said it before. If he doesnt come back this might be the fat lady singing on his career. He has so much potential ot sucks. But now Smith Sr is taking Carter under his wing, maybe, really he might have lost out on his shot. Even the coaches are saying good things about Carter.

Its really Camp Carter and Aiken fighting fir 2 spots. Carter seems to have a leg up already. Camp needs to come nack strong and push Aiken aside. Im hoping for him honestly cause I have zero faith and dont like anything about Aiken. As has been noted.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    They both seem to have been valued the same by the Ravens and NFL as 7th-Priority UDFA.
    Probably but I'd say Campanaro a little more, for DeCosta to be willing to let go of a 6th rounder this year tells me they wanted him more.
    But I'm sure Carter was a high priority call when the draft ended ($7,500 signing bonus)

Carter returned a punt 65 yards for a touchdown last season and averaged 23.7 yards on kickoff returns for his career and 12.5 yards per punt return
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...527-story.html

I'm with SugarRay52 on this, as much as I also like Campanaro and his potential, it is not going to matter if he can't consistantly contribute
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

:word

Blog Entries

I should have been more clear...my intent was re: injury and being wally pipp'd

Blog Entries

Very sensible post. I sure hope Campy gets 100% healthy and can show what he's got. He did a good job, in very limited playing time in 2014, but if he goes on IR again then 2016 could be his last chance. The Ravens have released higher draft choices than him... Bc

My feelings on Waller are that Trestman likes big receivers. Loves them, in fact.

Waller won't play in the slot much. He's a big, BIG, field stretching receiver. The average NFL corner back is 5'11, 193 pounds. Waller is 6'6 240. That's a seven inch, damned near 50 pound difference. What separates Waller and other size/speed freaks is, as others have already pointed out, that he can catch. Go watch his highlight tape which won't take long, only 26 catches this year, but he catches with his hands.

He played safety in high school before moving to receiver in a triple option offense in college. It's pretty telling that WR's out of Tech use the sled more than a Juggs machine. This year I don't see him getting more than 20 catches, but he should make it on special teams because he knows how to block. Imagine him on the outside of FG attempts. Next year after working with the coaches, he should be much improved. I can see him and Perriman being our starters on the outside, Williams at TE, with Smith in the slot and Allen in the back field. That's a lot of talented guys who can catch.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Great post Darb but as HARBs said, they're trying him out as TE this
    year to get him on the field. If it works out, I don't see him going back
    to WR. We'd have two big targets at TE.

QUESTION: How is is pass routes and running after the catch.

Haven't seen any comments on that. The pass routes and hands
    is what killed Streeter. Ravens fell for the measurables but like
    posted above, Waller has the measureables and can catch but
    hiow is his running and routes.