Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: How to sell PSL's

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Is going to an Orioles game as difficult? Do they have the same parking and traffic issues or is it more manageable because the crowds are smaller?
    O's games are a comparative cakewalk as far as I'm concerned. Of course we generally go to weeknight games, and we have a great parking strategy.

But I think the big difference is that Ravens games are a day-long event. And as is evidenced by the surrounding watering holes, participation is not limited strictly to people with tickets to the game. People come downtown just to hang out at Mother's or wherever. So you're probably talking 80-90K people coming into the area.

That's double what an O's game would be, even for a weekend series against the Red Sox.
    "Chin up, chest out."

I sold mine a few years ago to a friend at the peak of the market. I still made out pretty well even with the discount I gave him. I think a lot of this boils down to the economy. Most people that want PSLs have them already. The newcomers would tend to be younger people who are just starting out on their own. They are lucky if they can find a job right now much less buy PSLs.

I'm in my early 40's and I don't think I would want to go to the stadium 8 times a year anymore. It is a PITA, and I kind of enjoy my couch and my 75" TV much more.

I sold mine during the Ravens last Super Bowl season, on Christmas Day no less. It was to a friend who sat next to me at the games. I also made out well even with the discount. I live in Florida and coming up to a game or two a year and trying to sell the rest was a chore that I got tired of doing. Plus, the game time experience was fun at first and I had a streak going where I attended every home game from 1996 until part way through 2005 when I had to miss because of work travel. But it is an all day thing.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

I purchased mine back in 2004 and it was a pita to get them. They sold just as fast as people could list them. I actually had to drive to Virginia for the transfer paperwork lol. My second set that I have since sold, its a pain keeping track of all of it, I sold on craiglist. That was 2011 and sold for my asking price within 3 weeks. It was right around this time also.

Are you asking too much? Theres some on there that are just rediculous in price. Are you in the same range as others in the area and such?

I havent been on the Marketplace or even looked at PSLs or anything in years so I cant comment on how fast or slow theyre moving. Im still on the list for face value ones though lol. 4 years and still waiting on 2 lol. By my guess and where I am in line I think Im about 2 years away from my first offer. "The List" I have been watching. Actually theres guys selling their spot in line and the prices are pretty good I was almost thinking of moving up to say a next year range and selling my spot. Kinda like trading draft picks lol. But for a 1k loss I can get locked in for a offer next year. Vs 2 or maybe even 3 years from now if alot of people pass.

There are some good deals out there... wow. The experience is so much better at home for me though. But for folks looking for a deal in the lower bowl...
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    I would hit up people in that section looking to get more seats. They already go and know the ins and outs of attending. Of course they know what they are worth as well. So you may not get top dollar, but should be able to get fair price.
    LOL...pretty sure that's the section I sit in when I go with my buddy from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Agree 100%.

"After 18 years, the Ravens and MSA have done little to improve the stadium & tailgating facilities. Still no escalators to the upper deck, mediocre tailgating facilities, I-don't-care traffic post-game traffic management. Sundays at the stadium can be very long days."

That's mainly why I've never purchased PSL's. It's much less stress and more relaxing sitting on my couch with a beer watching my 60" HDTV oh and much cheaper too. I go to my share of games, but I wouldn't want to deal with going to all of them.
    Bingo...

Crowd is nowhere near where it use to be...the first game I took the GF too...she was like "they dont chant like you said" " Its not very loud, except for the one guy behind me"

The environment isnt AS exciting, plus factoring in PSL's, tickets, $100 on beer ....its just way easier to watch on the big screen and go to one game a year now

I sold my PSL's in 2010 and don't miss them. The added expense of airfare, hotel, meals etc just got to be too much.

I'm not surprised the market for PSL's have slowed down. The in game experience just can't compete with the at home experience, particularly the upper levels of M&T. The relative age of the stadium may be an issue as well as its not as new and shiny as it once was. I know NRG Stadium here is constantly getting turned over with upgrades so they stay fresh. Yes, M&T has gone through some recent upgrades but they're not enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I sold my PSL's in 2010 and don't miss them. The added expense of airfare, hotel, meals etc just got to be too much.

I'm not surprised the market for PSL's have slowed down. The in game experience just can't compete with the at home experience, particularly the upper levels of M&T. The relative age of the stadium may be an issue as well as its not as new and shiny as it once was. I know NRG Stadium here is constantly getting turned over with upgrades so they stay fresh. Yes, M&T has gone through some recent upgrades but they're not enough.
    Who is paying for those upgrades? Is it the Texans or the public?

Who is paying for those upgrades? Is it the Texans or the public?
    Like most NFL stadia, the initial cost was split between the team and the government. But the upkeep / upgrade costs are the teams responsibility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Like most NFL stadia, the initial cost was split between the team and the government. But the upkeep / upgrade costs are the teams responsibility.
    I guess then it's Bisciotti who should be paying for upgrades if he wants to remain competitive. I can't see public money funding anything new in Maryland for a very long time. I also can't see Bisciotti ever threatening to move the team. It will be interesting to see if attendance really does start to become an issue.

I guess then it's Bisciotti who should be paying for upgrades if he wants to remain competitive. I can't see public money funding anything new in Maryland for a very long time. I also can't see Bisciotti ever threatening to move the team. It will be interesting to see if attendance really does start to become an issue.
    The Ravens actually pay the state rent for using M&T. I don't believe that's the case in Houston.

In any event, looks like Bisciotti did indeed foot the bill for the latest upgrades ....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/gamed...novations.html